Hello, Mike Riley

knapplc

Wow. Welcome to the abyss. This was our chance and we blew it. This guy wont last more than a few years. Eichorst basically fired himself today along with Pearlman.

You are telling me we fired Bo Pelini to go get a guy who is arguably the same if not worse. This guy hasnt done anything in his coaching career. This is one of the saddest days in Husker football. It appears the national media pundits are correct that Nebraska is no longer a destination job. I have a hard time believing Mike Riley was our first choice. If we pay this guy anything over $1 million its too much.

• Plus1 1

Honestly, I don't mind the hire. I don't know what "big name" people thought was going to come to Nebraska. Tressel was never going to come to NU.

Riley is a proven coach, he is known as a good recruiter, he is a nice guy (opposite of Bo). Yeah, he hasn't had "great" records at Oregon State, but he has done the best of anyone at that school.

My only concern is his age. At 61, how long will it be before NU is looking for another coach?