The Tangent Thread, Dec 2014 Edition

zoogs

This was long rumored. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed with this one.

As for you being personally disappointed? Who cares. Get over it.

T_O_B

Apparently you do, and I suggest you get over it.

Your suggestion is noted and disregarded. If you are not invited don't join the conversation or is the 'Dr.' your girl friend?

T_O_B

Your a tool. All you do is attack people for stating their opinions. If you don't want to hear a person's opinion, use the ignore button.

Stating your opinion or going on & on & on & on & on & on about hating the same thing.

This was long rumored. Personally, I'm a bit disappointed with this one.

As for you being personally disappointed? Who cares. Get over it.

T_O_B

Apparently you do, and I suggest you get over it.

Your suggestion is noted and disregarded. If you are not invited don't join the conversation or is the 'Dr.' your girl friend?

T_O_B

Your a tool. All you do is attack people for stating their opinions. If you don't want to hear a person's opinion, use the ignore button.

Stating your opinion or going on & on & on & on & on & on about hating the same thing.
Why don't you two just kiss and get it over with already. This will they, won't they; Sam and Diane stuff is getting old.
  • Fire 2

What is getting more insane right now?

1. Hating on every hire with nothing to back it up other than "I never heard of him" or "He can't recruit"

2. Loving on every hire with horrible stats from like one game 6 years ago?

This is gonna be a LONG off season! ha

totally agree on this. There is so much back and forth I don't even know what to believe any more!

Interesting to see Beck go to one of the top progrums in the nation, and Bo fall all the way to the FCS.

If I was being paid $3+ million as part of a buyout on top of the salary he is getting at Youngstown, I would take a job in my hometown too. It's not a matter of him dropping to FCS, but more his choice to do so.

I totally agree with this...It is like those guys that played in the pros, set for life and they go coach High School ball...why not, it is fun, they don't need the cash.

This is a bullsh#t excuse for ending up with a much lower tier job. Desirable coaches in Pelini's age range don't start settling because they have enough money. They are almost all 100% driven to operate at the highest level possible. YSU isn't it. Bo may have wanted to slow down for a couple years but there is no way you can tell me he wouldn't have taken a higher level job if it had been offered. There wasn't any such offer on any table for Bo.

• Fire 2

Interesting to see Beck go to one of the top progrums in the nation, and Bo fall all the way to the FCS.

If I was being paid $3+ million as part of a buyout on top of the salary he is getting at Youngstown, I would take a job in my hometown too. It's not a matter of him dropping to FCS, but more his choice to do so.

I totally agree with this...It is like those guys that played in the pros, set for life and they go coach High School ball...why not, it is fun, they don't need the cash.

This is a bullsh#t excuse for ending up with a much lower tier job. Desirable coaches in Pelini's age range don't start settling because they have enough money. They are almost all 100% driven to operate at the highest level possible. YSU isn't it. Bo may have wanted to slow down for a couple years but there is no way you can tell me he wouldn't have taken a higher level job if it had been offered. There wasn't any such offer on any table for Bo.

I agree...

But he gets the last laugh...rich...still being paid...new job literally in his home town.

He went home, gets to stick Nebraska for a whole lot of money every month. If he had been offered a top job, doubtful, we would not have owed as much. He did it for a reason. He hates this program, this state, and our fans and has stated so for a very long time. So glad we are rid of him.

And sker, I realize you like the guy, and I realize I am overlooking the Riley past to some extent. Those losses did not affect Nebraska, all of Pelini's actions affected Nebraska. That is the problem. You wanted the guy here, I never did, and some of the reasons have been on display.

I want Riley to succeed, not for Riley, because Nebraska is much larger than the coach, somehow we lost that on the last one. I hope our love for the program returns to Nebraska and how it looks to the college football community, rather than a love affair with a coach that never really cared about it, only the pay check and the possibility of it being a stepping stone to another job.

I could be totally wrong on Riley and will readily admit it if it comes to that. But now he is undefeated and displayed in every way, he truly wants to be here and wants to return Nebraska to the respected level it and it's fans deserve.

• Fire 7

How many top 5 teams did our past coach beat, how many top 20 teams embarrassed us, even non ranked teams embarrassed us. Keep on dangling. Aren't you the new lead poster on the Youngstown State forum, they do have one don't they?

Keep on justifying. I don't follow the Youngstown State forum, but thanks for checking. There are a couple of posters on here who provided links to Youngstown State, so others may be better able to answer your question. I'm aware of how big a deal the McNeese State game was to you.....with the frequency you brought it up. But I'm sure it doesn't matter that Riley lost to two FCS schools........
Why are people still arguing about this? Bo is gone, get over it. Give Riley a chance before you condemn the guy
You guys. Find the tangent thread to keep going at this 'Mike Riley loses to FCS teams' stuff.

I have a better idea. How about TheSker joining a different board since he obviously is rooting harder for our ex-coaches than our new staff.

I gave him the link a long time ago. YSU penguins have a message board. They've even got a clown running their football program. Should be fun for all the kiddies.

I think it will, he has shown the capability of beating higher ranked teams, while our past leader normally struggled with lower level teams.

Pelini struggled. Riley lost.
good thing pelini can beat fcs teams since that is now his competition.

and all that matters is that eichorst thinks riley is good enough.

How many top 5 teams did our past coach beat, how many top 20 teams embarrassed us, even non ranked teams embarrassed us.

Keep on dangling.

Aren't you the new lead poster on the Youngstown State forum, they do have one don't they?

Keep on justifying. I don't follow the Youngstown State forum, but thanks for checking. There are a couple of posters on here who provided links to Youngstown State, so others may be better able to answer your question. I'm aware of how big a deal the McNeese State game was to you.....with the frequency you brought it up. But I'm sure it doesn't matter that Riley lost to two FCS schools........
Did Riley lose to 2 FCS schools since hes been at Nebraska? If not, then i dont give a f#*k. Go over tobthe beaver boards if you want to complain about what Riley DID THERE!
  • Fire 1

Wonder which jobs he turned down.

When he basically confirmed during audiogate 1 this was a stepping stone job for him, who would have guessed he was actually looking to take a huge step down?

Just seems counterintuitive.

• Fire 3

I agree...

But he gets the last laugh...rich...still being paid...new job literally in his home town.

I don't care how much he took us for or if he's rich or not. Hell I wish him well. But, I'll call bullsh#t when delusional people continue to claim he's a good coach and use his being demoted about 150 teams as another mindnumbing example of just how great he is. Some people need to crawl out of his jock. If he was an upper tier D1 coach, that is where he would be coaching. He isn't, end of story.
  • Fire 4

When he basically confirmed during audiogate 1 this was a stepping stone job for him, who would have guessed he was actually looking to take a huge step down?

Apparently the tape we all heard had been edited. Original transcript; "These f'ing fans can kiss my ass all the way out the door to Youngstown State".

• Fire 1

Less stress, hometown, out of the spotlight he created for himself, still getting paid like a top coach...you're right though it's counter intuitive

How many top 5 teams did our past coach beat, how many top 20 teams embarrassed us, even non ranked teams embarrassed us. Keep on dangling. Aren't you the new lead poster on the Youngstown State forum, they do have one don't they?

Why are people still arguing about this? Bo is gone, get over it. Give Riley a chance before you condemn the guy
You guys. Find the tangent thread to keep going at this 'Mike Riley loses to FCS teams' stuff.
I have a better idea. How about TheSker joining a differenet board since he obviously is rooting harder for our ex-coaches than our new staff.

Were you rooting for Beck and Bo when they were our coaches? (Yes, I know your "excuse" will be that they had proven themself incompetent. But his point is based upon Riley's past performance as well, which is all we have right now).