SIGNED - WR Keyshawn Johnson Jr.

Mavric

HuskerBoard Predictor  

178 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OK...I've skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything but probably missed something.

Does anyone know what his "health problems" are?

He had his appendix removed, is my understanding.

That's correct. Sounded like his white blood cells were attacking his appendix.

Ok. That's not that big of a deal then.

Possibly. I had a player who missed 7 weeks after his appendix operation. Got an infection and lost 40 pounds. Furthermore, "why' are his white blood cells "attacking" his appendix? This would more worrisome than the surgery.

*** Remember, this is based on the "rumor" on a message board about his health condition.....the same board that had Bob Davie buying a house in Lincoln years ago.

• Fire 1

I don't think what truly happened/is happening has been shared. Clouse said appendix, so take that for what it's worth. I think honestly if it was something that simple we would have seen more about it (from the kid or his buddies). He tweeted today that he's down to 190, so he's lost quite a bit of weight. An increased white cell count can be something as simple as strep, or appendicitis or can be indicative of Crones disease, colitis and a plethora of other things. Increased white blood cells just tells us there was an infection.

It sounds like he will have everything figured out before leaving Cali, and I'm sure if its an ongoing issue it will be dealt with through our nutrition & wellness folks. We just need to respect his privacy.

OK...I've skimmed through the thread and didn't see anything but probably missed something.

Does anyone know what his "health problems" are?

He had his appendix removed, is my understanding.

That's correct. Sounded like his white blood cells were attacking his appendix.

High white blood cells means there was an infection. If he had an appendicitis, that was the cause of the high white blood cells. I had to have my appendix out, mine ruptured and if it completely bursts it can cause peritonitis, which may be fatal. I was in the hospital for 5 days when mine ruptured, almost completely bursting. Out of activities for a few months. But it had nothing to do with his cells attacking his appendix, just fighting off infection, if it is indeed appendicitis.

• Fire 1