So Mad you Turned off the Game

Have you ever been so mad that you turned off a Husker game? After Florida State scored to take the lead in the 1993 MNC game, I was so pissed at the refs and another lost opportunity to win the national championship, that I turned off the TV. I was stunned the next day when I learned that the Huskers had a chance to win it but missed the FG. Maybe it is a good thing that I turned it off, I don't know if my heart could have take the stress of that terrible kick. Since then, I have always watched until the bitter end, even the Wiscy beatdowns.

Can't say I've ever turned it off in disgust. There have been lots of games, wins and losses, where I turned off the TV, fired up the Radiola, headed to the backyard to do some work and listen on the radio.

I was watching a Husker vs Oklahoma game once at my in-laws house. By brother-in-law was pretty wound up and wrapped up in Husker football. After one particular moment of "sooner magic", he hopped up, smacked the off button on the TV and stormed out of the house. He was gone just long enough for us to all look at each other with kind of surprised, bemused looks when he came back in, turned the TV back on, said "Sorry"..and went back outside.

• Fire 1

The only game I've ever turned off while watching was either the Wisconsin or Michigan loss in 2011, I can't remember which one specifically but I do remember throwing things. I even watched last year's loss to Wiscy until the end, like a train wreck I couldn't turn away from...

2012 CCG blowout at the hands of Wisconsin. I bailed out midway through the third quarter. Came back and watched the last couple minutes though. A very painful and disappointing game.

I was at that game, commiserating with some fans in the hotel lobby and getting drunk helped dull the pain.