Spring Quarterback Competition

Makes a bit more sense. Thanks Warrior and True

So that means until he gets that fixed, which he obviously was able to do in HS, it's safe to say he's not starter material or immediate backup ready.

His high school offense really hasn't helped him. IIRC, they ran a double wing option attack. He wasn't really asked to throw it around much so I think he's had to learn some things in college that some QBs developed in HS.

This.

His team relied on his legs a ton. The game in which he blew out his knee in the first half, he ran the ball all second half leading his team to the win.

Makes a bit more sense. Thanks Warrior and True

So that means until he gets that fixed, which he obviously was able to do in HS, it's safe to say he's not starter material or immediate backup ready.

His high school offense really hasn't helped him. IIRC, they ran a double wing option attack. He wasn't really asked to throw it around much so I think he's had to learn some things in college that some QBs developed in HS.

I did not realize he ran so much in HS. I heard that he has a strong arm and a good touch on his throws from the Elite video. Hopefully he just works hard, finds that confidence and relaxes when he is out there. Until then it might just take a little longer for it to come together. Like next week :D

Stanton just seems like the type of player that will make or break his career depending on if that lightbulb turns on.

Some guys gradually learn and progress very naturally, some guys never do, and some guys have a barrier that they take a while struggling with, but sometimes there is just something that randomly clicks, and from that point forward they start killing it.

Who knows if it'll ever click for Johnny, but I get the feeling that if he does, he'll be great.

Good lord...defense is easier to pick up than QBs and WRs aging perfect timing together in s new system. This offense has had 5 practices to be learned.

Good job Trai. Other than that it doesn't mean squat.

Nobody is hitting the quarterback. He's not on the road in Columbus. He has support from coaches around him. They all got the playbook 2 weeks in advance to help ease into these days. Call the play and throw the ball - in practice. 3 picks does mean squat, even if a little to some. There are other QBs competing also that want to start and play as well. If they do not throw 3 picks, it probably means something to them when they get evaluated.

If they are doing it late in fall camp it would matter. The first week in spring it doesn't matter.

Back up QBs should get their own folder on message boards. Stanton was the guy in December. Bush is the guy now. Fyfe will put up 200 and a couple TDs in the spring game and guess what...??? TA will start against BYU.

At the first sign of a struggle, then the board thinks #2 will become JT Barrett or Cardale Jones. Not going to happen.

It happened for Barrett.....and then it happened for Jones.

Back up QBs should get their own folder on message boards. Stanton was the guy in December. Bush is the guy now. Fyfe will put up 200 and a couple TDs in the spring game and guess what...??? TA will start against BYU.

At the first sign of a struggle, then the board thinks #2 will become JT Barrett or Cardale Jones. Not going to happen.

It happened for Barrett.....and then it happened for Jones.

Bingo, ya never know until it happens

I just want the best guy running the new system to be the guy starting against BYU. I dont care if Armstrong has the tenure, or that Fyfe's a walk on, or that Stanton was Elite 11, or that Bush is getting early spring love.

The guy that gives us the best shot at winning games come fall, thats who I want at QB.