Example of Coaching Upgrade

Oh, c'mon. Pelini is who he is. He was not made that way because fans booed in a game one time. And the crazy most certainly did not begin in 2011.

No need for concern about who Pelini is. Pelini is now at Youngstown State under Tressel after Osborne's recommendation.
Because no other D1 school would touch him and Osborne needed to save face
  • Fire 4
when you get paid to do a job, and fail miserably at times without fixing the issues and act like a complete tool in the process you get fired. it doesn't matter if your a coach a welder a teacher or a pool man.

Don't for a second believe I feel sorry for Pelini. He found a way to leave a state, fan base, and athletic department he didn't like, all on their dime...or to be more accurate, 21 million dimes per year. ( He might have been out of control, but he wasn't crazy. :D )

So Mike Riley gets a job upgrade, Pelini keeps his Nebraska money while living in Ohio, NU has two head coaches on the payroll, and the Nebraska fans get 10+ wins a year...we're all cool here, right?

Oh, c'mon. Pelini is who he is. He was not made that way because fans booed in a game one time. And the crazy most certainly did not begin in 2011.

No need for concern about who Pelini is. Pelini is now at Youngstown State under Tressel after Osborne's recommendation.
Because no other D1 school would touch him and Osborne needed to save face

Poor Tom

I was a supporter of Pelini for almost the whole time he was here, but at the end when his craziness started going public (and I'm not just saying emotions during a game but the actual "Crazy" or " insane")

I can tell you exactly when this craziness all started: October 8, 2011. More specifically, when those in Memorial Stadium booed a big run by Ohio State right after a Taylor Martinez interception, and Pelini turned around and reacted to that.

We can talk all we want about who did what worse, who showed the least class, who was craziest, who was sneaking around behind somebody else's back and leaking things and all that, but we DEFINITELY know who started it that evening...

...and it wasn't Pelini.

Now, I can't say I'm going to miss Pelini, but in my book he comes out a lot less tarnished a lot less tarnished than the average Nebraska fan in these last few years of "unpleasantness".

This puts me into a bad spot: I would like to see Riley and the Cornhuskers do well, but I would also like to see a comeuppance of those fans who think "we deserve better, because we are the Number One fans in College Football!"

you would like to see the huskers lose? and you call yourself a fan?

when you get paid to do a job, and fail miserably at times without fixing the issues and act like a complete tool in the process you get fired. it doesn't matter if your a coach a welder a teacher or a pool man.

Don't for a second believe I feel sorry for Pelini. He found a way to leave a state, fan base, and athletic department he didn't like, all on their dime...or to be more accurate, 21 million dimes per year. ( He might have been out of control, but he wasn't crazy. :D )

So Mike Riley gets a job upgrade, Pelini keeps his Nebraska money while living in Ohio, NU has two head coaches on the payroll, and the Nebraska fans get 10+ wins a year...we're all cool here, right?

Holy sh#t.

Yep, he got us GOOD!

If there's one thing I learned about Bo Pelini it's that he has a clear plan and always executes it to perfection. He clearly had this whole thing set up.

Bowfin's got a point, though. The guys you guys listed all won Heismans, very nearly did, led their teams to BCS games, or are NFL franchise QBs. The one he listed had glaring mechanical flaws and his teams never lost less than four games.

Last year we has the same problem with TA. QB teaching and progression was garbage at NU under the old staff.

It illustrates how important QB play is to successful teams, and big a factor it was in Bo teams never getting over the hump.

Not really. The one he listed was the B1G 1st team quarterback as picked by the coaches.

We were no closer or further away with Joe Ganz and Taylor Martinez than we were with Cody Green and Ron Kellogg.

If your point is that we have not had good quarterback play or development at Nebraska for quite awhile, you drove it home. The coaches pick for B1G QB is a far cry from being mentioned in the same sentence as Heisman winners and franchise QB's. TM did all he could do but he regressed as time went on with the past staff. He sure didn't developed into any scary passing threat and was a better runner as a freshman than at any later time.

• Fire 1

Coach Bray said there are guys that never saw a rep in practice with the old staff. So based on that fact alone, this new staff is a major upgrade.

That doesn't surprise me, I guess. Everyone knew Pelini had a doghouse. We just didn't know to what extent the depth of it.

I always tried to debunk the doghouse idea. Still do actually. I dont really think the coaches were purposely holding back better players. Theyre coaches. they wanna win. But I do think it was just straight up incompetence in terms of teaching and development and being able to adjust both schemes and the way you teach schemes in order to get said best players on the field.

I have heard 2nd hand, from sources inside the football program, that the Pelini doghouse was a very real thing. Players or coaches, it didn't matter, you were either valued and used by Bo or you were sh#t and didn't get reps or in games. Bo would rather lose doing it his way than to change or listen to others. I know I know, it doesn't make any sense and shouldn't be that way but there are people in the football department, who knew Bo very well and that is their story. I don't think that is debunkable any longer. We saw it on the field and have heard it from insiders. Winning was not the most important thing for Bo. Doing it his way was.

• Fire 1

If your point is that we have not had good quarterback play or development at Nebraska for quite awhile, you drove it home. The coaches pick for B1G QB is a far cry from being mentioned in the same sentence as Heisman winners and franchise QB's. TM did all he could do but he regressed as time went on with the past staff. He sure didn't developed into any scary passing threat and was a better runner as a freshman than at any later time.

Taylor's freshman year stats

1631 yards passing, 59.2%, 10 TD, 7 INT, 138.8 - 965 yards rushing, 12 TD

Taylor's junior year stats

2871 yards passing, 62%, 23 TD, 12 INT, 141.6 rating - 1019 yards rushing, 10 TD

please respond with something about how he was injured and missed games his freshman year so then i can respond back in kind that the same injury affected his game the rest of his career. please.

• Fire 3

Osborne recommended Steve Pedersen too. Whats your take on that?

Osborne recommended Steve Pedersen too. Whats your take on that?

How dare you! You take that back!