Lawrence Phillips Update (Spoiler Alert: Not Good)

Let's not jump the gun.....it does say "accused". I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt. Lol. jk.

Seriously though, killing another convicted felon might be one of the better things he's done in his life. Who knows how bad that other guy was.

Was serving for first degree murder. Probably had it coming.

could have been self defense, probably wont ever know...had he gone good, he probably would have been the greatest back to ever come out of Nebraska and maybe one of the top 10 in the NFL.. spectacular waste.

Such an absolute waste of talent. I don't even like thinking about how good he could have been. The way it was he showed signs of being a cross between Eric Dickerson and Walter Peyton. There were times I would say he was better than any back I had ever watched. Ever, including college and NFL. It just sucks that he couldn't get his head right, God knows TO gave him more than enough chances. Crying shame. Quite literally could have been GOAT.

Two murders the same afternoon. another dirt bag ate it later that afternoon. I would guess both gang related. Now I am so sad. We pay to feed, educate these pieces of crap, and some get released on society again.

Put them on a frozen island, fly in food once a month, enough for ten and forget about them. Strong survive, once every six months strafe the area with heavy machine gun fire. End the problem of career criminals. Just as LP said it was better being alone, safer. What a joke of a system.

• Fire 1

Looking back it's pretty obvious that Osborne keeping him a part of the team was the best thing to do in 1995. Obviously no one new it then, but man, knowing what we know now, could you imagine the folks that coulda been in harm's way had Lawrence just been booted from the team and in school? Obviously he has and had then, significant anger and control issues. Who knows what he woulda been capable of. Osborne stuck his neck out for not only Lawrence, but for what also appears to be others as well.

This is a tough day for Coach Osborne, his choice has haunted him for years. He actually cared very much for LP. I know he did not do it for the team, but for LP and LP alone. It has sullied a great man's career. It is mentioned a lot. He might have been locked up earlier, with out money he may have been forced to work for the first time in his life, rather than depend on his athletic abilities. Nebraska did all they could do for him, Coach Osborne bares the burden of him. I feel bad for Tom, he wanted the kid to make it so badly.

• Fire 1

The whole situation is sad, for us a Fans or TO as a coach and of course for those the families of the the victims. We get to see many young men probably thousands over the years and some will be from high risk backgrounds and others will end up becoming criminals, at the end of the day they are all humans and for whatever reason some end up on a bad path.

Two murders the same afternoon. another dirt bag ate it later that afternoon. I would guess both gang related. Now I am so sad. We pay to feed, educate these pieces of crap, and some get released on society again.

Put them on a frozen island, fly in food once a month, enough for ten and forget about them. Strong survive, once every six months strafe the area with heavy machine gun fire. End the problem of career criminals. Just as LP said it was better being alone, safer. What a joke of a system.

Yes, let's treat prisoners like they aren't human and randomly murder them. Because we're better than them.

• Fire 6