Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

Should we really burn POB redshirt if Tommy needs replaced for a series/quarter/or 1 game? If this kid is all he is cracked up to be then I think you give him a year adjusting to the speed of CFB and then let him lead the team for 4 years. If Tommy is going to miss multiple games then I think yea burn it, but I think it will have to be significant before you use up a year of eligibility.

If he's as good as we all hope he can be, may not get 4 years out of him. If he's legit, I use him right away. With a redshirt, he could go pro after R-Soph season.

I don't think he redshirts, now if we somehow are able to land Gebbie, you redshirt him.

Curious as to your line of thinking there? I dont think Gebbia should affect whether you RS or not. But hypothetically I think if Gebbia was to commit I'd be more inclined to not RS POB to essentially put 2 years between POB and Gebbia (assuming you RS Gebbia in 2017).

I don't think he redshirts, now if we somehow are able to land Gebbie, you redshirt him.

Curious as to your line of thinking there? I dont think Gebbia should affect whether you RS or not. But hypothetically I think if Gebbia was to commit I'd be more inclined to not RS POB to essentially put 2 years between POB and Gebbia (assuming you RS Gebbia in 2017).
Think hes saying RS Gebbia if we get him.

Also, for those of you who think POB may leave for the NFL after 3 years i think you need to get your expectations checked. How about we let him take a snap of college ball first.

You cannot base your recruiting on if you think someone will jump to pros early. You need to recruit the best qbs you can every year and let the chips fall where they may.

Also, for those of you who think POB may leave for the NFL after 3 years i think you need to get your expectations checked. How about we let him take a snap of college ball first.

You cannot base your recruiting on if you think someone will jump to pros early. You need to recruit the best qbs you can every year and let the chips fall where they may.

Yeah I phrased it poorly and was tired.

I meant to say we would redshirt Gebbia for the mentioned two year gap between them.

I read Bigred's post to say that he would redshirt Gebbia, not that POB should redshirt if both are signed.

Yeah I phrased it poorly and was tired.

I meant to say we would redshirt Gebbia for the mentioned two year gap between them.

I see it now. Thanks, I agree.

I agree with this. Let Gebbia RS a year, then get some playing time the next, that way at the latest he is a JR when he is ready to start, or a Soph it POB leaves early

So from I've gathered, Gebbia has committed to us! You people!

and POB is going to the NFL after RDshirt Soph year.

More like YOU people! ;) Quit turning what people post into hyperbole.

I made a post stating that IF, again IF, he's as good as he can possibly be the possibility exists that he could decide to go pro after R-Soph year, therefore, you lose that redshirt year if you go that route. Also, nobody ever posted that Gebia was a current commit.

Dont make yourselves asses out of mole hills. ;)