Signed - QB Patrick O'Brien

Treand3

It was a pretty cool edit of him throwing - half in his HS jersey, half in a Husker jersey. And the Tweet said one day - as in he'll be here in Lincoln tomorrow.

Not sure why he deleted it.

Probably found out you posted it on here and then took it down

Feel like every time you post a tweet it gets deleted. Crazy

Don't see him taking Tommy's job unfortunately. Especially with him being a senior. But the best thing that can happen is he pushes Armstrong to the limit and makes him work even harder. Tommy hasn't even had remote competition the past 3 years. If POB can provide that in year 1 that would be awesome.

If nothing else I look forward to hopefully having a serviceable backup behind Tommy.

Don't see him taking Tommy's job unfortunately. Especially with him being a senior. But the best thing that can happen is he pushes Armstrong to the limit and makes him work even harder. Tommy hasn't even had remote competition the past 3 years. If POB can provide that in year 1 that would be awesome.

If nothing else I look forward to hopefully having a serviceable backup behind Tommy.

We will also see how Tommy handles better competition.

Should we really burn POB redshirt if Tommy needs replaced for a series/quarter/or 1 game? If this kid is all he is cracked up to be then I think you give him a year adjusting to the speed of CFB and then let him lead the team for 4 years. If Tommy is going to miss multiple games then I think yea burn it, but I think it will have to be significant before you use up a year of eligibility.

Should we really burn POB redshirt if Tommy needs replaced for a series/quarter/or 1 game? If this kid is all he is cracked up to be then I think you give him a year adjusting to the speed of CFB and then let him lead the team for 4 years. If Tommy is going to miss multiple games then I think yea burn it, but I think it will have to be significant before you use up a year of eligibility.

In the case of an all too familiar senior injury bug bites TA, our backup is Ryker Fyfe.

What makes more sense: Play the seasoned backup for half the year knowing his ceiling is very low

OR

Let the guy who will be your QB for the forseeable future start a little earlie and earn some valuable playing time.

First off, despite Tommy's good bowl performance, his history has shown he can look great one game and terrible the next. Also, when Martinez entered his senior year, nobody expected TA would end up starting so many games to to Martinez' injury. You never know when injuries can occur, and even if TA is the starter and healthy, I do think it would be good experience for POB to prepare as the #2 guy (if he earns it) and hopefully be able to get in some games when there is a blowout. I would not worry about redshirting him...he's a smart guy and will pick up the offense quickly.