Randy Gregory is already embracing Dallas

Nope, don't care for tats. Just don't understand the whole idea of them.

What is he going to do in three years if he gets traded? Cowboy tat on his forearm. Yep...that would look good wearing a Redskin's or Denver uniform.

The guy really has no brains.

So a guy can't get a tattoo representing the first team that drafted him into the NFL?

Come on dude. I think that's just slightly significant event wise in any football players life and he also happens to be someone who really likes tattoos.

The ridicule over this tattoo in this thread is ridiculous.

WOW, what a complete non-story and crusty old white guys blow it up..!! tattoos are a story for most.. the clue is in his text.. "THIS JOURNEY IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT" which may reference his football career or his understanding and healing of a "mental" issue..!! the star, rosary and the words "this journey" are obviously the start of a story. As for "corporate" America not excepting tattoos, what a bunk.. I have front line guys working for me that have complete sleeves, yes there is a line (ie. facial tats, racial or in poor taste) but most accept it as a norm, the fact that someone stated earlier that tattooed people cant get "real world" jobs is in my opinion completely misinformed and bias.

edited for punctuation...and probably still wrong :facepalm:

• Fire 3

WOW, what a complete non-story and crusty old white guys blow it up..!! tattoos are a story for most.. the clue is in his text.. "THIS JOURNEY IS A MARATHON, NOT A SPRINT" which may reference his football career or his understanding and healing of a "mental" issue..!! the star, rosary and the words "this journey" are obviously the start of a story. As for "corporate" America not excepting tattoos, what a bunk.. I have front line guys working for me that have complete sleeves, yes there is a line (ie. facial tats, racial or in poor taste) but most accept it as a norm, the fact that someone stated earlier that tattooed people cant get "real world" jobs is in my opinion completely misinformed and bias.

What do "white guys" have to do with this?

Nope, don't care for tats. Just don't understand the whole idea of them.

What is he going to do in three years if he gets traded? Cowboy tat on his forearm. Yep...that would look good wearing a Redskin's or Denver uniform.

The guy really has no brains.

So a guy can't get a tattoo representing the first team that drafted him into the NFL?

Come on dude. I think that's just slightly significant event wise in any football players life and he also happens to be someone who really likes tattoos.

The ridicule over this tattoo in this thread is ridiculous.

He can do what ever the hell he wants. Like I said in various posts, I just don't understand it and (in this post) I think it's going to look pretty stupid having a logo of one team on your arm while playing for another.

But...hey....that's just me. If he has thought that far ahead ( I doubt it knowing his history of being able to think) and he is OK with it....then go with it.

I don't see the big issue. That tattoo he has can be transformed into other things later on in life, especially if he turns his arm into a sleeve. People get their life events tattooed on them all the time. Dennis Rodman has 2 bulls on his chest, could be from his Chicago playing days or maybe he just likes bull tattoos.

• Fire 2

This conversation is ridiculous. Getting drafted is a life changing event. To commemorate that with a tattoo is a non event. I get tattoos aren't for everyone but to say the kid is manic or wont be an nfl success for getting a tattoo is absurd.

There are tons of people out there with tattoos. Some are successful some aren't. Let his play do the talking.

Well let's not pretend this is just about a guy getting a tattoo. Nobody cares about tattoos. I see them on middle class moms at the suburban grade school. Tats are so mainstream that rebels will soon reject them.

But to suggest the kid is manic because he has disappeared for days, used drugs to cope with anxiety, missed crucial pre-draft meetings with teams, confessed to personal issues that caused his draft stock to plummet, to be picked up by a team that even his own agents insist follow him 24/7 to protect him from himself, then immediately gets a large permanent tattoo to show his loyalty to a team he hasn't made yet....that's not absurd.

Also, I have a bi-polar nephew who gets a tattoo every time his drugs wear off and he goes into his cycle. He regrets most of them.

I do agree that Randy Gregory's play will ultimately do the talking.

But does that mean we shut down the Randy Gregory threads until September?

This conversation is ridiculous. Getting drafted is a life changing event. To commemorate that with a tattoo is a non event. I get tattoos aren't for everyone but to say the kid is manic or wont be an nfl success for getting a tattoo is absurd.

There are tons of people out there with tattoos. Some are successful some aren't. Let his play do the talking.

Well let's not pretend this is just about a guy getting a tattoo. Nobody cares about tattoos. I see them on middle class moms at the suburban grade school. Tats are so mainstream that rebels will soon reject them.

But to suggest the kid is manic because he has disappeared for days, used drugs to cope with anxiety, missed crucial pre-draft meetings with teams, confessed to personal issues that caused his draft stock to plummet, to be picked up by a team that even his own agents insist follow him 24/7 to protect him from himself, then immediately gets a large permanent tattoo to show his loyalty to a team he hasn't made yet....that's not absurd.

Also, I have a bi-polar nephew who gets a tattoo every time his drugs wear off and he goes into his cycle. He regrets most of them.

I do agree that Randy Gregory's play will ultimately do the talking.

But does that mean we shut down the Randy Gregory threads until September?

I think if you review the thread, people do care about the tattoo.

As for the manic stuff, it's cycling too fast for a BP diagnosis. It's only in the movies that Bi-Polar switches that quickly. There is tons of evidence that he's not going through a manic or hypomanic phase. I can think of a few other diagnoses that might fit better given what I've read. I'd be happy to discuss that, but that's getting away from football and into psychology.

As for the tattoo, you're presuming the function is to show loyalty. The function of the tattoo might be to mark an occasion. There are lots of reasons to have security, get a get a tattoo, and drop in the draft. Right now, I feel like a lot of people have an idea in their mind and are using every bit of information to craft that story.

I'm happy to have RG discussions, but I also think that right now every little thing is a big deal (think of how when you're fighting with someone you're dating every little thing they do bugs you).

• Fire 2

I'm happy to have RG discussions, but I also think that right now every little thing is a big deal (think of how when you're fighting with someone you're dating every little thing they do bugs you).

I'm just reversing this. I think Randy Gregory's recent adventures are a pretty big deal, and the request for 24/7 supervision by Randy's own management team suggests some of the worst speculation is correct.

So in that context, when I see Randy getting a huge Dallas Cowboy tattoo, it just doesn't feel celebratory to me. It feels manic. And by RG's own social media promotion of his tats, it's meant to show loyalty to the team willing to draft him.

I'm not offering the bi-polar diagnosis myself. There's a pretty big mental health spectrum out there. Just saying I'm familiar with someone in that spectrum who gets tats impetuously when he's cycling. Not about whether people like the look of tattoos, it's committing an act of permanence when you are wildly unsure of your own future.

We're all crafting our own Randy Gregory story. I'm rooting for the best case scenario, but that doesn't mean there's more evidence it will come true.

Very old white guy here. 26 years in the Marine Corps, no tats. Most did, but not to the level of todays youth.

I find it weird that almost every young white male or female is getting tats all over their bodies

And most felons being released from prison are doing everything they can to get them off their bodies.

A free country, but I can see the guys getting them, but nothing in the world looks worse then an attractive young lady with a sleeve of tats, or above her breasts. Near repulsive for me.

My daughter in law has one on her back, she absolutely hates the fact that she has it.

I work with a small company of about 85 people. No one in the main office has a tattoo. What disqualifies them I have no idea, but no tattoos are allowed anywhere a customer can see them. Installers are screened and if they have them they receive all long sleeved shirts.

USC business grad, about 45 years old, owns the company.

What do "white guys" have to do with this?

not just white guys, crusty old white guys... and what it has to do with it is that, that is who is making the fuss about it...here.... on this webpage... about this article..!!!