Possible suspension? Some WR's maybe not ready?

These coaches knew there was a reporter in the room.

These coaches have tons & tons & tons & tons of experience.

Is it possible that not everything they let the reporter hear was 100% actually factually true?

I don't think the intent was to put out misinformation, but that's definitely a possibility.

I know some people are freaking out about airing dirty laundry, but I think exactly the opposite. This is a great advertising spotlight on Riley by offering an in-depth glimpse how he operates. Players want comfort level in the program they commit to. The talk about taking care of freshmen and calling their parents should impress more than a few parents of prospectives. And what about the discussion of a recruit who has "alcohol, character issues", with one assistant declaring "He can play, but he don't fit in the room."

There were really nothing but positives to come from this. Obviously, as a fan it's disappointing to hear that maybe a recent recruit isn't having the best attitude, but you put together a roster of 105 players and this will happen. Some guys do well, some won't. The coaches seem to have a pretty good head about all of that.

• Fire 1

Personally, I'm a little torn on this article. While I find it very intriguing, I also personally am not really interested in this type of access to the program. The university is paying Riley to a do a job with people he thinks can get it done, and ultimately, what matters is how they perform Saturdays.

That said, I think knapplc has a point. A member of the media, regardless of setting, will change the chemistry in a room. I don't think their intent was to mislead the reporter, but, I think they definitely kept things a little different.

So, I don't fault the people who find value and interest in this, but from a personal standpoint, I don't really care that much. I want to watch, enjoy and critique what happens on the field. Not this. But, each to his own.

• Fire 1

These coaches knew there was a reporter in the room.

These coaches have tons & tons & tons & tons of experience.

Is it possible that not everything they let the reporter hear was 100% actually factually true?

Riley is smart.

The reporter and Riley have been friends for years.

Everything that was said and everything published was planned and coordinated.

Nothing got released that Riley didnt want out there.

He is smart and is using this information to keep things open with fans. One of the biggest downfalls with Bo and company was how they were so secretive.

He also puts information out there that isnt "leaked" so doesnt feel like gossip but gives the fans an insight. He also motivates linebackers, and DB's and freshman to keep them on their toes.

At first i was surprised by all the information, but the more i think about it... It is a super smart power play that does a lot more good than bad.

• Fire 2