WR Desmond Fitzpatrick [Louisville - Signed LOI]

Mavric

H's N, I can feel it.

shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif

Mike Schaefer Retweeted Steve Wiltfong

Nail in the coffin for Nebraska

Mike Schaefer added,

Steve Wiltfong @SWiltfong247

#Louisville was the first school WR Dez Fitzpatrick loved, they got the last visit & now my prediction to get him: http://247sports.com/Article/Desmond-Fitzpatrick-talks-Louisville-official-visit-43322329
0 retweets4 likes
Retweet
More

Hope everyone's got their tweets ready to fire at recruits! Make sure you include this year's hashtag: #SadLonelyManWhoDoesntDeserveTwitter

— Tunnel Walk of Shame (@TunnelWalkShame) February 1, 2016

It's funny because it's true.

OMG....if he chooses Louisville some on here will need an emergency room.

Yeah some will. I just get irritated that they don't use all the scholarships available. But WR isn't a huge position of need at this point. If I could trade this kid for a decent 3 star DT/DE prospect, I would.

Hope everyone's got their tweets ready to fire at recruits! Make sure you include this year's hashtag: #SadLonelyManWhoDoesntDeserveTwitter

Yeah some will. I just get irritated that they don't use all the scholarships available. But WR isn't a huge position of need at this point. If I could trade this kid for a decent 3 star DT/DE prospect, I would.

Isn't there a kid from NOLA that we had as a backup plan? Committed to Vandy, or something....

EDIT: I self-checked. It was the Limpscomb kid.

You do realize that if we sign 20 (where we would be if Lamar commits) we would be using all of our scholarships as of signing day?

We are allowed to over sign by 3 so that is why we have 23 available.

Also.....are you saying the staff didn't try to sign more scholarships?

You would but the coaches say they are full on the DL.

You do realize that if we sign 20 (where we would be if Lamar commits) we would be using all of our scholarships as of signing day?

No, I'm not saying that. It's just a general concern. It's one thing the last staff didn't do a very good job with. I know they are going to come close this year but they should be using the +3 every year.

I guess my point was that I'm less concerned with losing a potential WR than I am with leaving a scholarship open.

• Fire 1

No, I'm not saying that. It's just a general concern. It's one thing the last staff didn't do a very good job with. I know they are going to come close this year but they should be using the +3 every year.

I guess my point was that I'm less concerned with losing a potential WR than I am with leaving a scholarship open.

If you use the +3 every year, that means you have to guarantee that at least 3 under scholarship will leave the team by Spring.

The whole thing is odd. He was all but N (publically). He was peer recruiting. He was talking with Butler et al about playing together. I'm guessing he told our coaches he was N, hence cutting the cord with Lipscomb. Petrino misses his in home. Williams visited him on Thursday. Then all of the sudden this Louisville visit pops up late last week and now he chooses them? I'm guessing our coaches are not too pleased right now.

FWIW, Langsdorf no-showed the in-home with Fitzpatrick the day after Petrino did...

If you use the +3 every year, that means you have to guarantee that at least 3 under scholarship will leave the team by Spring.

Doesn't it mean that 3 have to leave the team by the start of fall camp? And I think 3 leaving between spring ball and fall camp is probably a good number (if not on the conservative side). Guys leave every year during that time by either their choice or coaches/schools choice (grades/kicked off).