Signed - RB Tre Bryant

Haspula

I would watch out for Mizzwho. Heard something about their new coach trying to get him to commit.

Well, if he wants to play for a horrific offense he can go there. If he wants to play in a good offense where he will have a great chance at getting a bunch of touches he will stick with us.

Spielman, Grimm, Obrien, Bryant are all GREAT recruits and seem very very solid. I am sure others in the commit list are as well. I feel very confident that Riley and Company are out there beating the bushes and in contact with another solid half dozen excellent guys that will 'fit' their needs. If I am right in my feelings about this, I believe this will be one of the best, most talented (I know some on here object to even using the term talented for reasons I don't really accept) group since Solich was coach. I wish we had room for another dozen because we are finding diamonds in the and getting serious consideration of some of the best in the nation. Been a long time. I think if we had been able to win about 3 more of the tight games this year, we'd have the commits in hand. Ironically, I am not sure we'd have as solid a class ultimately because I think some of the early offers would have come through and maybe they are not as good as the ones they have found through all the digging into the less well knowns, and those previously commited elsewhere but reconsidering of late.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...