***Official Purdue Game Discussion Thread***

Mavric

Keep fighting Blackshirts! This fan base is behind you and the coaches no matter what! We got your back!

Once again it's the players fault, not the coaches.

Haha! sh#t........

Come on man. No one here is against the team. You seem to blame them and give the staff a pass.

Come on man, no one here is against the coaches, you seem to blame them and give the staff a pass.

I keep the balance. I'll tell you when it's one or the other or both.

Players have been in position to win this game and have made too many mistakes and not made enough plays to cover them up.

Really...so when has it been on the coaches?

The Illinois game. No doubt about it. The rest of the games have been a little bit of both. This one and last week was mostly all players.

The tone of the game and mindset of the team is set in the off-season and Sunday-Friday in practice. That is on the coaches to build their culture. 10 months is plenty of time to establish a strong culture. Listen to how Harbaugh did it through tough practices, high expectation, and accountability in the same amount of time Riley has been at Nebraska.

The players choose to quit on this team, but the coaches allow them.

As a coach, you have to know this.

This discussion of it's the players fault VS it's the coaches fault needs to stop. They are on the same damn team. You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Thanks_Tom RR has it exactly right. This team, it's mentality, it's mindset, it's identity is built in the offseason and in how they go about practices during the week. That is on the coaches.

Have the coaches made some good play calls or had the players in positions to make plays, but just didn't execute? YES!

This season's outcome, both it's positives & negatives falls on both parties.

You didn't read what I said.

This teams mentality is not owned by Riley or his staff. It's just not.

Maybe in some situations coaches are able to come over and infect the team with their mentality, but this situation was truly unique in my opinion. Bo Pelini was a different kind of coach, he instilled a very negative us against the world mentality, and the players really bought into a negative approach to things.

Again, I don't think Riley has been able to get a hold of this team's mentality yet, and I don't blame him. It's evident when you see some of the actions of our players too, it's really not debatable that there are some lingering attitude issues.

I so badly wanted to give this staff a chance. I can't, I would rather gamble that firing them is a horrible mistake. At least it would show that this is unacceptable. Losing to Purdue is not acceptable, talent is no excuse, 2nd string qb is no excuse. We are Nebraska. This team should beat Purdue with all back ups in. Something else is playing into thus

Keep fighting Blackshirts! This fan base is behind you and the coaches no matter what! We got your back!

Haha! sh#t........

Come on man. No one here is against the team. You seem to blame them and give the staff a pass.

Come on man, no one here is against the coaches, you seem to blame them and give the staff a pass.

Players have been in position to win this game and have made too many mistakes and not made enough plays to cover them up.

The Illinois game. No doubt about it. The rest of the games have been a little bit of both. This one and last week was mostly all players.

The tone of the game and mindset of the team is set in the off-season and Sunday-Friday in practice. That is on the coaches to build their culture. 10 months is plenty of time to establish a strong culture. Listen to how Harbaugh did it through tough practices, high expectation, and accountability in the same amount of time Riley has been at Nebraska.

I really think this was a unique situation Riley walked into. I don't think this was a place anybody was going to walk into and just "change the culture". There's some stuff ingrained pretty deeply here. Combine that with the gut wrenching losses to start the season, and I think it went the wrong way quickly.

You might be right. I can understand their situation, but I just can not give the coaches a pass.

I think some of the players were attached to Pelini and some of his assistants- apparenlty one maintained contract after being fired. That was a bad situation. Eichhorst hired Riley without a lot of interviews or thought. Nebraska is a power or option culture and neight Eichhorst, Pedersen, Callahan or Riley seemed to appreciate it. My biggest objection to Riley's hire is that he from the NFL- West Coast passing cabal. That is not Husker football.

-Lost first opener in 29 seasons

-Got blown out by Miami (Lets not pretend that game was as close as the score indicated)

-Lost to interim HC Bill Cubit and Illinois

-Lost to Wisconsin at Home

-Lost to Northwestern at Home

-Losing to 1-6 Purdue on the road

On track to miss a bowl game. On track to go win-less at home in conference play. On track to finish dead last in our division. On track to finish dead last in Pass Defense. On track to have our worst season since what the 50's.

Defend this shitshow all you want, we all know what the situation is.

• Fire 5

-Got blown out by Miami (Lets not pretend that game was as close as the score indicated)

On track to miss a bowl game. On track to go win-less at home in conference play. On track to finish dead last in our division. On track to finish dead last in Pass Defense. On track to have our worst season since what the 50's.

Hard to argue with facts. Might also have the first losing record at home......

It's the players, coaches are not to blame 5 months of coaching and according to some, they need 5 years.

This a bad coaching PERIOD. Look at duke. 2 and 3 star recruits and they are a top 25 team.

Haha! sh#t........

This discussion of it's the players fault VS it's the coaches fault needs to stop. They are on the same damn team. You win as a team, you lose as a team.

Thanks_Tom RR has it exactly right. This team, it's mentality, it's mindset, it's identity is built in the offseason and in how they go about practices during the week. That is on the coaches.

Have the coaches made some good play calls or had the players in positions to make plays, but just didn't execute? YES!

This season's outcome, both it's positives & negatives falls on both parties.

You didn't read what I said.

This teams mentality is not owned by Riley or his staff. It's just not.

Maybe in some situations coaches are able to come over and infect the team with their mentality, but this situation was truly unique in my opinion. Bo Pelini was a different kind of coach, he instilled a very negative us against the world mentality, and the players really bought into a negative approach to things.

Again, I don't think Riley has been able to get a hold of this team's mentality yet, and I don't blame him. It's evident when you see some of the actions of our players too, it's really not debatable that there are some lingering attitude issues.

Dude quit every coach tells a team to ignore outside negativity wwhere ever it's coming from. Scott Frost just told his Oregon team the very same thing. You sound desperate repeating the same thing over and over. This season's results are on one staff. Mike Riley. Even a 7-5 season would have been accepted by most rational fans. This is a epic failure in coaching. That's all.

• Fire 1

David Freaking Shaw.

That's all I'm sayin.

You think a guy is going to move from Stanford to Nebraska? Have you been to Stanford? It's paradise on earth Alex, the weather is great, it smells like cedar in the air, it's a few miles from one of the world's great cities, near the ocean and the mountains, night life of every kind, world class restaurants, the finest golf courses, etc. If I'm Shaw, I wouldn't even return the call.

At this point, Why not try a different qb?

At what point don't we try another OC, DC or HC? This team is sorely in need of leadership, discipline and self-respect.
well yeah but situationaly I was thinking of the other guys and how this game is lost so they deserve a little experience