Sipple: NU Leaders Face Tough Decisions

(cough) Scott Frost (cough)

I keep seeing you drop his name, but why? Just because he QB'd here? He has no HC experience and you're ready to hand him the reigns? Truth of the matter is, if he weren't a Nebraska boy his name wouldn't even be mentioned. And I like Frost.

Go look at Tom Herman's resume before taking over as HC at Houston. Then again, maybe you don't like Tom Herman.

If you read media hosts opinion, those on this board and other Husker boards, we need to go back to our tradition. That is the strongest opinion. i would agree.

If that is the direction of the next move, whether now or next year, Frost seems the logical choice. Trev Alberts seems suited to be AD.

This would involve Osborne, potentially Gill, and other former Huskers who desire to coach and be with the program once again.

Forget the sexy hires, forget showing the money, and just go and get Frost for $3mil per. Settle in and let them have 5 years to correct this mess. It will now take at least 3 years no matter who is coaching to turn things around.

The Pelini firing set this program back. Players never bought in this year. Riley is a nice guy, but never should have come here. Never should have been in this position. This is what I feel is the only move available in the current situation. Frost belongs here. I think this would rejuvenate the program. Bring Gill back. Bring back Barney. Marvin, and the whole gang if necessary. I don't care if TO comes back as AD for a year or so.

Why in the world would you EVER want Barney Cotton back as a coach? And wasn't Marvin Sanders let go because of inappropriate off-field issues? If so, why would you want him back?

If you read media hosts opinion, those on this board and other Husker boards, we need to go back to our tradition. That is the strongest opinion. i would agree.

If that is the direction of the next move, whether now or next year, Frost seems the logical choice. Trev Alberts seems suited to be AD.

This would involve Osborne, potentially Gill, and other former Huskers who desire to coach and be with the program once again.

Forget the sexy hires, forget showing the money, and just go and get Frost for $3mil per. Settle in and let them have 5 years to correct this mess. It will now take at least 3 years no matter who is coaching to turn things around.

The Pelini firing set this program back. Players never bought in this year. Riley is a nice guy, but never should have come here. Never should have been in this position. This is what I feel is the only move available in the current situation. Frost belongs here. I think this would rejuvenate the program. Bring Gill back. Bring back Barney. Marvin, and the whole gang if necessary. I don't care if TO comes back as AD for a year or so.

Why in the world would you EVER want Barney Cotton back as a coach? And wasn't Marvin Sanders let go because of inappropriate off-field issues? If so, why would you want him back?

Not gonna lie that Barney coached team in the Holiday Bowl against USC was one of the most fun Husker games I've watched the last couple years.

• Fire 3

I would have demanded Frost been our OC under Riley to begin with.

Iowa St just beat Texas. Strong is out. Herman will go there, and say good night to Baylor, TCU and Oklahoma ST. It will once again become Texas and OU. Mark that down.

This is why the only real option will be Frost. Yes, his only credential is former great player. If you look at that in that manner. He played for some great coaches, worked for others. He has put time in on special teams, played defense, and offense. Knows the option attack and well and the spread option attack. Currently, he is the option.

• Fire 1

Frost is running Oregons offense. SOme of you posters got tor realize that Frost is running what Helfrich wants and what Chip Kelly started. Frost knows the landscape. He knows Nebraska Football. He would know the Big 10 , because its alot like the Big 12/Big 8 he played in. He understands.

This is also why you hire TO or Trev to become AD. Simple plan. Forget about flashing the money. Hire someone that money is the least of the concerns. Since Solich, we have struck out 3 times. 3 times now hiring crap. 3 times hiring coaches with no Nebraska ties.

If we make this mistake one more time, this program is gone, and won't return. If we decide that Riley and Eichorst are done now, we are limited in interested parties in this gig. Good upcoming coaches won't come here. They will wait for a more stable atmosphere somewhere else. Money won't make a difference. Program that into your heads. Money will not buy a good enough coach. Bring in tradition, and bring in Nebraska ties.

I have pretty good history of making fun of everyone that wants Scott Frost to be the head coach here.

What you have posted is making me think about it.

The Sanders thing is funny b/c he was supposedly canned for off field improprieties but yet he is now a high school coach.

Sipple sucked up to Bo for WAY too long, but I have to give him credit for writing this piece. I have not seen any other NU journalist call for such a drastic change thus far. Just many complaining and questioning if Riley knows what he's doing. Sipple is looking ahead and realizing that retaining Riley is only delaying the inevitable.

With a program change like this, and with a slight dropoff in talent from the prior year, a good coach still manages to win the gimmes (like today), and a good coach would have finished 7-5 or 8-4. A great coach would have gotten to 9 or 10 wins. An average coach 5 or 6 wins. A poor coach 4 or fewer wins, and I'm afraid we may be lucky to get to 4 wins this season.

• Fire 2

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-after-latest-loss-nu-leaders-face-tough/article_e05d8f58-c82b-59d9-a9a1-569804df79ce.html

I wish I could read the mind of new Nebraska President Hank Bounds. I talked to him briefly in August at a Husker football scrimmage. It became immediately clear he knows the game. He has a reputation for holding people accountable. Those traits may not bode well for Husker athletic director Shawn Eichorst.

Interesting article here by Sip. He hints that the only fan of Eichorst in the administration is Perlman, who is leaving in 2016. It appears we could potentially see another offseason of change.

I am not sure how this could be classified as a "tough" decision. More like an obvious decision.

The program needs tradition and those with that tradition back. Our offensive lines played harder under Cotton than they are now. Sounds like Cavanaugh is a good coach, and might be one who would stay. The point is pride back into the program. Bringing back those who can recruit to Nebraska and fit Nebraska. Those are only goingto be Nebraskans, who either played here or grew up here.

Since Solich, we have complained about every offensive CO, and almost every D coord. These other staffs can't please the fan base. So far not other staff can do anything right. Solich was fired because all he did was run the ball, option attack. It was said that we needed to move into the next century. Upgrade so we can be relevant for the future. That brought us Callahan.

http://journalstar.com/sports/huskers/sipple/steven-m-sipple-after-latest-loss-nu-leaders-face-tough/article_e05d8f58-c82b-59d9-a9a1-569804df79ce.html

I wish I could read the mind of new Nebraska President Hank Bounds. I talked to him briefly in August at a Husker football scrimmage. It became immediately clear he knows the game. He has a reputation for holding people accountable. Those traits may not bode well for Husker athletic director Shawn Eichorst.

Interesting article here by Sip. He hints that the only fan of Eichorst in the administration is Perlman, who is leaving in 2016. It appears we could potentially see another offseason of change.

Fire SE tonight. Send a message. Your hire, your mess, you're fired.

Good read. Depressing as hell though. Bottom feeding NU.

from the article...

Were his players, especially on the offensive and defensive lines, fighting as hard as they could?

"I can't sit here and fault the effort," Riley said

WTH? if the coach cant fault them for not playing hard, what does that say? he is a deer in the headlights. this is too big for him...

(cough) Scott Frost (cough)

I keep seeing you drop his name, but why? Just because he QB'd here? He has no HC experience and you're ready to hand him the reigns? Truth of the matter is, if he weren't a Nebraska boy his name wouldn't even be mentioned. And I like Frost.

Go look at Tom Herman's resume before taking over as HC at Houston. Then again, maybe you don't like Tom Herman.

The reason Herman's name is being mentioned, and Fuente's, is because they are now head coaches at smaller programs and they are proving what they can do as head coaches. Frost has never been a head coach. He needs to get his feet wet someplace else before he jumps to a major school. See the difference?

• Fire 1