"Jordan Stevenson is done"

Ozigbo came in and kicked ass. JS knows it and we all know it

I always got the impression that Ozigbo and Stevenson were never exactly on friendly terms, mainly from the way Ozigbo reacted when he found out we picked up Stevenson. At the end of the day though, I think Ozigbo may pan out to be the better RB, and he's the one who stuck with us, so more power to him.

Yep. Ozigbo was pissed but put his head down and went to work and it is paying off to an extent.

I don't recall him doing much of anything returning kicks. Maybe I missed some of his better one's. Made a few poor choices on bringing them out of the end zone and never followed the blocking. Maybe he can go elsewhere and have a successful future.

That is correct. Stan the man is a lot better IMO.

I always got the impression that Ozigbo and Stevenson were never exactly on friendly terms, mainly from the way Ozigbo reacted when he found out we picked up Stevenson. At the end of the day though, I think Ozigbo may pan out to be the better RB, and he's the one who stuck with us, so more power to him.

Yep. Ozigbo was pissed but put his head down and went to work and it is paying off to an extent.
Yet there were plenty of fans bitching at Ozigbo for sharing his feelings that he was upset when Stevenson was brought in. I credit for Ozigbo for putting in the work to put himself high on the depth chart.
  • Fire 1

I don't recall him doing much of anything returning kicks. Maybe I missed some of his better one's. Made a few poor choices on bringing them out of the end zone and never followed the blocking. Maybe he can go elsewhere and have a successful future.

That is correct. Stan the man is a lot better IMO.

No doubt. He seems to have pretty good vision back there.

• 1 month later...

Yet there were plenty of fans bitching at Ozigbo for sharing his feelings that he was upset when Stevenson was brought in. I credit for Ozigbo for putting in the work to put himself high on the depth chart.

OZ putting in work like AA............

Getting rid of the toxic, non-buying in players isn't going to hurt the program one ounce. This is why its called a rebuild. If Husker nation is content with winning just 9 games a year, no Big 10 title games, no meaningful bowls, and so on, should have kept BO or Callahan or Solich. These changes were made to get back to the champ level. Dont forget the 40 point blowouts on national TV to Wisky. The change was made to get this program back to winning meaningful games again. Sure no one wants to be 3-6 right now, but this was coming regardless the coach

Well, we surely all want "the champ level" and I for one was tired of Nebraska winning all those meaningless games.

So let's will do a Nebraska version of Chairman Mao's "Great Leap Forward" and purge all of the running dog lackeys who still do the bidding of that foremost paper tiger, Pelini.

You realize like 50 million people died during the "Great Leap Forward" and China's economy was horribly set back. I mean, they went into a recession and Mao lost so much power he had to purge the party of anyone that he saw as a threat.

It wasn't until Mao died that China was able to roll back all of his bullsh#t and actually start to see economic growth.

The Chinese Communist party actually declared that the Cultural Revolution was "responsible for the most severe setback and the heaviest losses suffered by the Party, the country, and the people since the founding of the People's Republic." A revolution directly resulting from the Great Leap Forward.

Woah, nice post :)

OZ putting in work like AA............
Sounded like JS had beef with more than one teammate, I recall a little beef with Darlington over a jersey #. And hell yeah, Ziggy is the man

Before he came in it sounded like he was ready to work, willing to wait and was a team player. Not halfway through the season that all changed. Unfortunate for him, could have had a special opportunity here. I'm not upset at all if Ozigbo takes that opportunity and runs with it.......and runs and runs and runs and runs and runs....

• Fire 4

You realize like 50 million people died during the "Great Leap Forward" and China's economy was horribly set back. I mean, they went into a recession and Mao lost so much power he had to purge the party of anyone that he saw as a threat.

It wasn't until Mao died that China was able to roll back all of his bullsh#t and actually start to see economic growth.

The Chinese Communist party actually declared that the Cultural Revolution was "responsible for the most severe setback and the heaviest losses suffered by the Party, the country, and the people since the founding of the People's Republic." A revolution directly resulting from the Great Leap Forward.

Yes, I do. That is why I compared all of the "Let's get rid of the toxic players holding us back!" gang to the supporters of the "Great Leap Forward". I guess I should have used some sort of emoticon that labeled my post as being sarcasm.