Reported Sexual Assault at Armstrong's House Under Investigation

Rumor going around now is that Tommy is the one being accused of the crime.

With the way he so nonchalantly talked to the press about it, I have a hard time believing that he would be accused of it. If he was the one accused, you would think that he would be lawyering up to talk to the police and offer "no comment" to the press.

Which is why no one's name should be released until someone has been charged. Once it was released that this was reported at TA's house, there was probably a 99.9% chance that eventually a rumor would be started that TA is the one being investigated.

Which is why no one's name should be released until someone has been charged. Once it was released that this was reported at TA's house, there was probably a 99.9% chance that eventually a rumor would be started that TA is the one being investigated.

I don't know about in the Omaha market, but I watched a few of the news stations from Lincoln and out state Nebraska and I didn't see them do a story on this. Are the Lincoln stations showing restraint as to not start the rumor mill from churning out stories? OWH decided to take it upon themselves and report the address where the assault occurred, who lives there, and contact one of said residents to get a quote from them about the situation. I'm not even saying TA,JW, or TF aren't involved somehow. Those individuals are now tied to this incident regardless. The OWH seems like they wanted to be first to report rather than be right on the story. If OWH does turn out to be right and one of the players was involved, congratulations. You gambled with some young mens' reputation and won. If not, you're and a$$h*!@.

I think a lot of people who are saying he shouldn't have spoken to the police are doing so with the benefit of not being there at the moment. He's a 20 year old kid who probably hasn't had a lot of interaction with the police (or any legal procedings). With all the commotion going on, they start asking him some questions, he doesn't stop to think, "oh wait, I should call someone and ask them how to proceed", he simply answers.

For a 20 year old male, yeah, getting laid pretty much trumps anything else in life.

Is that you, Charlie Sheen? :wub:

My dad always told us boys, "Don't let the little head do all the thinking for the big head." I have said the same thing to my three sons. Evidently, something like that wasn't shared with you by a father or father figure? So it might be a difference in upbringing, but I don't think everybody shares your priorities at that age.

There are a lot of crazy women out there that can bring a lot of trouble if you live by the rule "getting laid pretty much trumps anything else". They look for a rising star or the studs on campus and home in like a Sidewinder missile...and the first time they don't get their way or feel that the relationship is on the downslide, the old saying, "Hell hath no fury as a (crazy) woman scorned becomes real life...YOUR real life.

Don't believe that? Ask Quincy Enunwa...ask Adrian Peterson...ask Johnny Manziel.

For every one like you I've easily seen 15 - 20 that act like getting laid trumps everything else in life.

You don't know me or know who I am, so I'd appreciate you not making assumptions about me personally or my upbringing.

• Fire 8

I'm not blaming the OWH at all for what they did. A potential rape happened at the house of the 2 most noticeable/popular football players on this year's team. TA and JW are celebrities. Like it or not, celebrity news gets reported more that "normal" news, its just what happens now. If this happened at Iowa or Oklahoma or Alabama do you think that their local newspapers would not have reported it? And the article/headline does not state that TA, JW, or TF are suspects, just that the incident happened at their house.

IMO its probably better this came out now. This was going to come out at some point. Be it now or one week or one month down the road. Imagine the s***storm that would have happened if this came out in a month and now people are asking UNL questions about how they "covered up" a potential rape at the house of the starting QB and WR.

• Fire 1