Reported Sexual Assault at Armstrong's House Under Investigation

Rumor going around now is that Tommy is the one being accused of the crime.

It seems highly unlikely considering his quotes. I don't care how dumb he is. Even if he is the accused and was too stupid to realize not to talk to the newspaper, none of his quotes make sense if he is the one.

• Fire 1

It seems highly unlikely considering his quotes. I don't care how dumb he is. Even if he is the accused and was too stupid to realize not to talk to the newspaper, none of his quotes make sense if he is the one.

^^Yeah, exactly. It doesn't make sense, given what Tommy said and how he acted. Where is this rumor from, anyway? Sounds like a Facebook thing. Or maybe from some local coffee shop.

^^Yeah, exactly. It doesn't make sense, given what Tommy said and how he acted. Where is this rumor from, anyway? Sounds like a Facebook thing. Or maybe from some local coffee shop.

Iowa?

I'm not blaming the OWH at all for what they did. A potential rape happened at the house of the 2 most noticeable/popular football players on this year's team. TA and JW are celebrities. Like it or not, celebrity news gets reported more that "normal" news, its just what happens now. If this happened at Iowa or Oklahoma or Alabama do you think that their local newspapers would not have reported it? And the article/headline does not state that TA, JW, or TF are suspects, just that the incident happened at their house.

IMO its probably better this came out now. This was going to come out at some point. Be it now or one week or one month down the road. Imagine the s***storm that would have happened if this came out in a month and now people are asking UNL questions about how they "covered up" a potential rape at the house of the starting QB and WR.

So OWH took it upon themselves to be TMZ? Reporting on celebrity news? I get it. It's going to drive readers and clicks. Also I see your point about getting in front of the story because bad news beating you home is never good. I just think if they wanted to report it, there had to have been a way to do so with minimal collateral damage. Like many have stated, these household residents are now tied to this regardless of level of involvement.

sock puppet confirmed?

Maybe sock puppet is the accused

Shoulda just used the sock puppet to get his rocks off...

Sock puppet only becomes animated when someone inserts their hand inside him.

Perhaps sock puppet grew weary of always being the one violated, and instead inserted himself inside someone else for a change

I'm not blaming the OWH at all for what they did. A potential rape happened at the house of the 2 most noticeable/popular football players on this year's team. TA and JW are celebrities. Like it or not, celebrity news gets reported more that "normal" news, its just what happens now. If this happened at Iowa or Oklahoma or Alabama do you think that their local newspapers would not have reported it? And the article/headline does not state that TA, JW, or TF are suspects, just that the incident happened at their house.

IMO its probably better this came out now. This was going to come out at some point. Be it now or one week or one month down the road. Imagine the s***storm that would have happened if this came out in a month and now people are asking UNL questions about how they "covered up" a potential rape at the house of the starting QB and WR.

So OWH took it upon themselves to be TMZ? Reporting on celebrity news? I get it. It's going to drive readers and clicks. Also I see your point about getting in front of the story because bad news beating you home is never good. I just think if they wanted to report it, there had to have been a way to do so with minimal collateral damage. Like many have stated, these household residents are now tied to this regardless of level of involvement.

I have to agree here. They shouldn't have reported it until they found out that one of those players is involved. Also, now everyone knows their address.

They were involved by living in the house were the alleged crime took place. I don't think the OWH did anything different than they normally would. Is this news that people would care about? Yes. They then tried to interview people who could give them more information. They haven't reported anything that's not true.

Edit: And by "involved" I mean they probably have important information on what happened. I don't mean that they are involved in the crime.

Edited by STL Husker

I have to agree here. They shouldn't have reported it until they found out that one of those players is involved. Also, now everyone knows their address.

Who cares if they know their address? I don't get why people think these players should be protected.

The OWH reported the facts as to what happened. Nothing more, nothing less.

• Fire 5

Let me see who everyone is getting mad at for this incident, and let me know if I missed anyone.

1. The LPD for always targeting Huskers

2. The OWH for "sensational journalism"

3. TA for throwing a party

4. TA for not telling Mike Riley first thing

5. The girl for being a jersey chaser and then reporting a sexual assault.

6. The kids' parents for not telling their kids to keep their ding-dong in their pants.

7. Other message board posters for spreading further rumors.

• Fire 1

Which is why no one's name should be released until someone has been charged. Once it was released that this was reported at TA's house, there was probably a 99.9% chance that eventually a rumor would be started that TA is the one being investigated.

I don't know about in the Omaha market, but I watched a few of the news stations from Lincoln and out state Nebraska and I didn't see them do a story on this. Are the Lincoln stations showing restraint as to not start the rumor mill from churning out stories? OWH decided to take it upon themselves and report the address where the assault occurred, who lives there, and contact one of said residents to get a quote from them about the situation. I'm not even saying TA,JW, or TF aren't involved somehow. Those individuals are now tied to this incident regardless. The OWH seems like they wanted to be first to report rather than be right on the story. If OWH does turn out to be right and one of the players was involved, congratulations. You gambled with some young mens' reputation and won. If not, you're and a$$h*!@.

A couple of things here - first, I spoke to people I know who work at both Channel 8 and 10/11 News (those are the two Lincoln t.v. stations for those who don't know). 8 chose to run a story Tuesday night reporting essentially all the same information you saw on OWH. From what I've been told, they basically did it because everyone else was running the story.

10/11 did not a run a story for a few reasons:

- no one was arrested/charged

- details are so minimal, what's the point tying players to it if they may end up having nothing to do with it?

- the things people are saying (if you look on social media, many comments are EXACTLY the reasons rape victims don't come forward as she's being called a whore, jersey-chaser, attention getter, etc.)

- conversely, many people believe one of the players is responsible or said players contribute to a rape culture

- the story is click-bait: people see 'rape' and 'Husker' and they'll freak out, but once they read the story, they'll find out there's no real substance

To me, this whole situation is immoral and unprofessional reporting. knapplc posted earlier that the BTN said "there was a situation" in Lincoln but named no names or allegations. If you're going to report it, imho, that's the only way to do it right now. But, my question would then be... what the hell is the damn point?

• Fire 1

Let me see who everyone is getting mad at for this incident, and let me know if I missed anyone.

1. The LPD for always targeting Huskers

2. The OWH for "sensational journalism"

3. TA for throwing a party

4. TA for not telling Mike Riley first thing

5. The girl for being a jersey chaser and then reporting a sexual assault.

6. The kids' parents for not telling their kids to keep their ding-dong in their pants.

7. Other message board posters for spreading further rumors.

8. self righteous posters anry at everyone else for talking about the incident

Good one!!!

9. Way too serious people who say we shouldn't be making any "funny posts" about a situation involving such a serious accusation. I understand the sexual assault is a serious situation, however, some of the reactions aren't as "serious".

Let's keep 'em coming!!!

• Fire 1
You don't know me or know who I am, so I'd appreciate you not making assumptions about me personally or my upbringing.

Your posts told enough, in this case. You might not want to post shallow and flippant remarks if you bristle at the notion of someone saying you come across as shallow and flippant.

Anyhow, you heard it from me, so at least you heard it from someone.

For every one like you I've easily seen 15 - 20 that act like getting laid trumps everything else in life.

Are you confusing what is commonly done with what is the smart thing to do? I don't doubt your math, but I am wondering if you are equating prevalence with "best practices".

Most everybody I know has a few things that they wish they could do over or can start out a sad story with, "They tried to tell me..." Unfortunately, each and every generation seems to have to go through the same brutal, bumpy learning curve, because they think that they are somehow different. Forget about it being sex, it can be student loans, changing the oil in your car, starting on your term paper or thesis in a timely matter, whatever. I guess it is the nature of youth. :dunno

• Fire 1