Seems there will be some attrition of roster

Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Going strictly by the facts, Nebraska averaged 35 rushes per game, and had better per game yardage and per carry average than the offenses being run at Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State.

So RBs will continue to be at least as meaningful at Nebraska as they are at these traditional Big 10 programs. Let's just hope they can be more successful.

Tommy Armstrong and the WRs running jet sweeps say "Hi!"

They did indeed say "hi" and we had a great chat about the other 25 carries that went to the running backs, who it turns out had no idea their snaps weren't considered meaningful by message board posters.

Unfortunately, 22 of those other 25 runs went to a pass blocker listed as a "running back" and consisted of plays entitled either "Run into pile" or "Run along line of scrimmage and fall down by sideline." But keep telling yourself this staff is more committed to the run than most Big Ten programs.

Jesus dude, Newby averaged 5.2 yards a carry, Cross 4.1, Janovich 6.5 and Ozigbo 7.2.

If you'd like to tell them they merely ran into a pile or fell down by the sideline, I'd like to see you do it to their face.

If you'd like to tell Tom Osborne that RBs shouldn't have to pass block, I'd like to see that, too.

I know the team can't possibly run as often as you like, but it's a statistical fact they are right in the middle of the run-happy Big 10 in rushing, ahead of traditional rushing programs Michigan State, Michigan, Wisconsin, Minnesota and Penn State, along with many other teams who compete for the services of high school running backs.

If any of these players dreams of playing one day in the NFL, they will welcome the chance to catch passes out of the backfield, too, and better learn how to pass block now, because it's part of the job description.

• Fire 2

Newby averaged 5.2 yards a carry, Cross 4.1, Janovich 6.5 and Ozigbo 7.2.

Looks like Riley has several candidates to run on 3rd and short.....

Remember when Nebraska led not just the conference in rushing, but the nation? I know you do......

What this tells me is that we COULD have committed to the run game if the staff so chose to, contrary to their words and the statements made by some fans.

A few of us had said All year that the run game was there, but Langsahan decided against it.

Newby averaged 5.2 yards a carry, Cross 4.1, Janovich 6.5 and Ozigbo 7.2.

Looks like Riley has several candidates to run on 3rd and short.....

Remember when Nebraska led not just the conference in rushing, but the nation? I know you do......

What this tells me is that we COULD have committed to the run game if the staff so chose to, contrary to their words and the statements made by some fans.

A few of us had said All year that the run game was there, but Langsahan decided against it.

running is spooky!!!

Why would he leave if he's a Riley recruit, played as a true freshman, and has the possibility to be the feature back next year?

Because being a "feature back" in Mike Riley's offense isn't that hot a gig as compared to being a "feature back" at an Ohio State or a Wisconsin of a few years back.

Wouldn't be shocked to see someone like Mikale Wilbon or Adam Taylor leave.

I thought AT had the potential to be really good. I wonder if he ever fully healed from his injury. I still wish we got to see what Wilbon, Ozigbo, and Taylor could do. I can't fathom we won't have at least one of those three bolt.

Frankly, I won't be shocked to see Wilbon and Ozigbo both leave. Not much potential for meaningful snaps in this offense for a RB, save for pass blocking or catching a pass out of the backfield.

Why would Ozigbo leave? He will more than likely be the starter next year. He showed the most potential and based on all of his tweets and such that he really loves it here.

I don't see Ozigbo leaving, but I have no idea how Riley and Reggie Davis assigns playing time, other than making sure the RB can pass block. It seems like that it the biggest priority they put on the RB position.

So what...If these guys want a chance at the next level, they better know how to pass block. I see no issue with having a RB that is good at pass blocking and for the coaches to emphasize it.

Why would he leave if he's a Riley recruit, played as a true freshman, and has the possibility to be the feature back next year?

Because being a "feature back" in Mike Riley's offense isn't that hot a gig as compared to being a "feature back" at an Ohio State or a Wisconsin of a few years back.

This is true. He hasn't really had a good RB since Jacquizz Rodgers and they gave the ball to him a lot.

That's why they favor a 2* over the stable of 4*s they have.