Grade Issues

Mavric

Sounds like there may be a few guys who don't get to play in the bowl game because of grades. I didn't see it but Riley apparently hinted at that sometime lately and another source is reporting it.

No word on who. Finals are next week so it's possible they won't know until after they're in San Francisco because they'll have to leave for the early bowl game before all grades are posted.

• Fire 1

Word is there are at least seven players in danger of missing the bowl game.

At least five are starter-caliber defensive players.

Everyone travels because they won't find out for sure until they're in California (when grades are posted).

That's unacceptable. I'd be issuing some serious team discipline or asking guys to move on. Undergrad is not that difficult and I'm betting not too many are pre-med.

Kind of ironic though that they got in because of their academic progress rate. Probably can thank the walk on program for that.

Everyone travels because they won't find out for sure until they're in California (when grades are posted).

That's unacceptable. I'd be issuing some serious team discipline or asking guys to move on. Undergrad is not that difficult and I'm betting not too many are pre-med.

Kind of ironic though that they got in because of their academic progress rate. Probably can thank the walk on program for that.

Agreed, especially with the level of "assistance" football players get compared to regular students.

If this is the case...how many times has this happened in the past bowl games for us? I guess I don't recall players missing for this reason but I'm sure it has happened.

Well duh. The wrestling team has taken kids in for the sole reason of helping keep team GPA up. I'm sure football does as well.

They aren't gunna take a walk on who gets bare minimum grades to hurt the GPA of the team.