Poll: Who Wins, '15 vs '14 Nebraska?

zoogs

Limited to <= 1, because as QMany said - Pelini is going to defend the pass and dare Langsford to run...and I think he runs 75/25 split so TA's attempts (opportunities for mistakes) are greatly reduced. 15' wins if Pelini drops 6-7, and rushes only 4 w/ his "contain" DL scheme - which you know is how he would play it.

This is the thing with Pelini's D that bothered me, it was easily exploited because it was defended in such a lopsided way to one component of the game. It became glaringly obvious when the BTN did the interview w/ the Minnesota DC (IIRC), I think before our game, and he essentially spelled out how he was going to beat us with motioning a man out of the backfield then run up the middle and use short crossing routes across the middle all game. Sure enough, it was there all day.

Plus, lets not forget the jet sweep...a huge component of Riley's offense and essentially a guaranteed 10 yards against Pelini's D.

Yet somehow after all these "issues" you point out with Pelini.......he managed to win 70% of his games while Riley remains a .500 coach. I realize it's the "in thing" to bash Pelini, but it would help the cause if Riley would start winning.

I think in a bowl match up 2015 wins. That is assuming that 2015 has witnessed the atrocious run D of 2014 and attempts to exploit it (not a given considering the offensive tendencies of Langsdorf and Riley). Both teams had TA at QB so neither one was going to exploit the bad pass D of 2015. 2014 had Ameer which would have made it interesting but I still have to give the nod to 2015 winning the last game of the season. Any time prior to bowl season I probably have to put my money on 2014.

The real question is, does anybody tune in to watch it? Q covered it up above with a WOOF. Here's hoping that the last two years are way back in the rearview mirror.

If we're using this as a bowl scenario, then I'd definitely pick the 2015 team to win. The 14' squad managed to lose three of their last four games while the 15' squad managed to win three of their last four with two of those games being against top 10 teams. At the end of their respective years, the 2015 team was just downright better than the 2014 team. If both teams would have faced off towards the beginning of the season, then the 2014 team wins the game because they were just downright a better team at the beginning of the season.

2009 was really the last year a Bo Pelini coached Nebraska team finished the year strong and better than they were at the beginning of the season. We really struggled down the stretch after the 09' season.

• Fire 1

Limited to <= 1, because as QMany said - Pelini is going to defend the pass and dare Langsford to run...and I think he runs 75/25 split so TA's attempts (opportunities for mistakes) are greatly reduced. 15' wins if Pelini drops 6-7, and rushes only 4 w/ his "contain" DL scheme - which you know is how he would play it.

This is the thing with Pelini's D that bothered me, it was easily exploited because it was defended in such a lopsided way to one component of the game. It became glaringly obvious when the BTN did the interview w/ the Minnesota DC (IIRC), I think before our game, and he essentially spelled out how he was going to beat us with motioning a man out of the backfield then run up the middle and use short crossing routes across the middle all game. Sure enough, it was there all day.

Plus, lets not forget the jet sweep...a huge component of Riley's offense and essentially a guaranteed 10 yards against Pelini's D.

Yet somehow after all these "issues" you point out with Pelini.......he managed to win 70% of his games while Riley remains a .500 coach. I realize it's the "in thing" to bash Pelini, but it would help the cause if Riley would start winning.

He won the games he was supposed to win (Riley certainly didn't I'll give you that), but he often got blown out in the others. 14' versus 15' isn't a slam dunk game, which is why I'd take the 15' team. Almost every evenly matched game was a loss for Pelini. At least Riley has been able to step up and win some games against quality opponents.

2015......Riley outcoaches Pelini

Riley couldn’t outcoach an interim Illinois coach or Darrell Hazell. Our run D last year wasn’t as bad as our current passing D. 2014 wins.

That interim Illinois coach has a name sir!!!

Oh yeah, you're right, I have no idea who he was either.

BILL CUBIT AND DONT YOU FORGET IT!