Huskers at the 2016 NFL Combine

Mavric

People will take a strand of innuendo and run with it.

By the way, I don't think it was Mitchell who called Valentine out specifically. Bo did, as I recall, sort of like how he called out Suh.

Sometimes it takes some time to learn what effort is required at the college level, but by most all accounts (and the tape), VV worked his tail off these past two years.

All of that said, he had a very good combine and I think he made a good decision taking the money now.

https://mobile.twitter.com/J_Mitch05/status/340293556398854144

thats cold blooded

Theres another saying that goes, "The truth hurts."

I think its pretty obvious from this year and things that Epley has said that our guys were not in the shape they should have been and need to be. Hoping this changes and players are held accountable.

Yikes. Only 17 reps and he weighs 329 lbs? Not great in my opinion. I think the bench press is a pretty important test for guys on either side of the line. You've got WRs and RBs putting up more reps than that.

I was always under the impression that RBs and LBs typically dominate the bench.

A d-lineman owns the record of 49. A former Beaver in fact. 17 is surprisingly weak. I wonder if there is an injury.

Actually Justin Ernest holds the record at 51 reps in 1999 but whos keeping track anyways

Making 17 look even worse. NFL.com still refers to Paea as having the record at 49 and I remember it being called a record at the time. Not sure why they don't refer to Ernest's as the record.

By the way, I don't think it was Mitchell who called Valentine out specifically. Bo did, as I recall, sort of like how he called out Suh.

Sometimes it takes some time to learn what effort is required at the college level, but by most all accounts (and the tape), VV worked his tail off these past two years.

All of that said, he had a very good combine and I think he made a good decision taking the money now.

thats cold blooded

Theres another saying that goes, "The truth hurts."

I think its pretty obvious from this year and things that Epley has said that our guys were not in the shape they should have been and need to be. Hoping this changes and players are held accountable.

Not saying he isn't right- its just cold blooded lol. Good to see player accountability though

Valentine graduated. And it's been rumored for years now starting with Mitchell getting on his case that he doesn't have a good work ethic.

Valentine graduated as a Junior while playing football. That sounds like a good work ethic to me.

He was in school for 4 years. Plus those guys are around for the summer so they have an extra semester each year. You really should be getting your degree in that amount of time.

Valentine graduated. And it's been rumored for years now starting with Mitchell getting on his case that he doesn't have a good work ethic.

Valentine graduated as a Junior while playing football. That sounds like a good work ethic to me.

He was in school for 4 years. Plus those guys are around for the summer so they have an extra semester each year. You really should be getting your degree in that amount of time.

3.5 years, but I agree with your point. They should be able to graduate in 4 years (or 4.5 at the least) if they are taking 2 or 3 summer classes each summer.

VV was in a tough spot. He plays in the trenches, where it's pretty easy to get banged up, especially the knees/ankles. He could lose his chance to play at the next level. He's already graduated, so sticking around another year to get better, while it may improve his draft position, could get him hurt, too.

I don't think he was ready to go, but I understand why he did. Even if he gets on someone's practice squad, he's making money instead of possibly getting hurt playing for free. And if he washes out or he gets hurt in the NFL, he can always get a job with his degree.

Even though he's performing terribly at the Combine, I still think it was the right call to go.

• Fire 1

I really hopes he's able to make it in the NFL, but he honestly didn't look that good in that drill.
Huh? That's great get off for a 330lb man. He looks athletic as hell.
He can move no doubt and he has the skill potential to be good in the NFL. I just felt that in this rep he got off too high and hit the bag too high.

I will say he hit the bag hard without winding up, which is good. Its harder to fix that than the height issue.

Wasn't Mitchell calling guys out his senior year for not working hard in the weight room, and most believed he was reffering to VV?