Kevin WIlliams interview

I can't believe Osborne tried to pass more in '96 with Frost! Thank god he came to his senses and returned to a heavy ground game in '97!!!

Dollar Bill is the worst!

Solich? YES! Life long husker who was one of our best recruiters as an assistant and can still beat Ahman Green in a push up contest! Love the continuity!!! Keep this thing going.

The Big 10 is the WORST! and always will be!!!!!

• Fire 1

We may have "lost" more games last year but i would hope ppl have more hope after the way it ended than the previous four years.

We put losses in quotes now?.....like we didn't actually lose?

That should help Riley get well above .500 to finish his career.

if youre gonna pull teeth enough to not get inside how Bo got to 9 wins abd Hiw ariley only got 6 in year one, it shows that you dont know jack sh#t about anything. Its the whole point of my rants. None a you ppl wanna think anymore. Its either here or there. Leading to the division of our fanbase. Ppl think im defending Riley in all this crap but im not. Im just asking ppl to know what theyre talking about. Apparently its asking too much.

Do we know Grant Winstrom's opinion on KW? What about Tom Osbourne's?

jeebus...

Since this flew right over your head (and it seems a few others as well), let me throw it out again, but S-L-O-W-E-R and maybe L-O-W-E-R, but you have to do your part and concentrate...okay?

I picked Rob Zatechka as the antithesis (that means kind of like opposite) of Jason Peters. Other than that, no particular reason, but that still is a good one.

Rob did everything Peters did in college and pro football but also had 4.0 GPA in Pre-Med and is now practicing medicine in Omaha. Zatechka is living his life in 2016 and doesn't seem to have the time or inclination to tell everybody else how real Huskers are supposed to be. Peters is still stuck back in the 1995 locker room, but can you blame him?

It doesn't particularly have to be Zatechka. There are dozens of other Huskers who have equaled or exceeded the likes of a Jason Peters or a Jay Foreman and they don't see it as their place as to dictate official Husker canon to everybody else. (canon means dogma...and dogma means "how it is supposed to be. Just keeping it low and slow)

Sigh...

Should I tell him? Or just let it go?

• Fire 1

Do we know Grant Winstrom's opinion on KW? What about Tom Osbourne's?

jeebus...

Since this flew right over your head (and it seems a few others as well), let me throw it out again, but S-L-O-W-E-R and maybe L-O-W-E-R, but you have to do your part and concentrate...okay?

I picked Rob Zatechka as the antithesis (that means kind of like opposite) of Jason Peters. Other than that, no particular reason, but that still is a good one.

Rob did everything Peters did in college and pro football but also had 4.0 GPA in Pre-Med and is now practicing medicine in Omaha. Zatechka is living his life in 2016 and doesn't seem to have the time or inclination to tell everybody else how real Huskers are supposed to be. Peters is still stuck back in the 1995 locker room, but can you blame him?

It doesn't particularly have to be Zatechka. There are dozens of other Huskers who have equaled or exceeded the likes of a Jason Peters or a Jay Foreman and they don't see it as their place as to dictate official Husker canon to everybody else. (canon means dogma...and dogma means "how it is supposed to be. Just keeping it low and slow)

Sigh...

Should I tell him? Or just let it go?

What would Christian Peters do?

Or Tracey Winstrom?

1582rfn.png

Wow, what a pos thing to do. KW seems like he is insecure and has anger management issues, no wonder he loved Bo so much. His next head coach and position coach can enjoy that baggage.

DB and Sharp were talking about a screenshotted conversation, between KW and another party, that got out. I thought they alluded to it being a text convo between players, but could be wrong. Anybody else hear that too or see it?

They were referring to this "conversation."

And I think someone above nailed it: you're talking about a guy who spent 5 years at NU, went through several injuries, earned a double major, was granted a 6th year of eligibility and decided to move on.

He specifically, on several occasions in the interview, said that the current staff was not worse or bad, just different.

You can question is reasoning when it comes to making the move, I have no problem with that.

But for Peter to say KW (and apparently other DL who left this year) lacks heart and balls and were faking, is at least as out of line as ANYTHING, including the drugs and bust comments, that KW said or tweeted.

You're wrong.

It does lack balls to quit on a team on your own volition because of self interest. For the record KW was insinuating that the coaching was inadequate.

A respectable person would have left, and said nothing, and certainly would not have agreed to go on the radio.. KW was irrelevant, and he wanted to be relevant so he went Big Red bashing one last time.

I have a hard time with this thought process. Are you saying that you have to stick with the first job you ever get because if you quit you are quitting on your "team" and only are thinking of yourself?

I have less issue with him deciding to leave and I think it's best for him and the Husker team that he does move on, but it's the narrative behind it that raises a brow. I know we won't ever hear the true story from either KW or the coaching staff and I'm fine by that because I take his words on 1620 worth a grain of salt.

We all know JPs history and his attitude, which doesn't excuse his own tweets, but KW going out of his way and comment like that is inexcusable and lacks maturity. It's one rough moment in his life and it doesn't define him, but dang does he have some work to do on himself to grow up. He mentioned wanting Husker fans to understand his decision, to support him, and doesn't want to leave on bad terms...not exactly the look to earn that respect. Defending him by saying that he has been in the program for 5, would've been 6 years, may provide reasoning for him to move on, but it doesn't excuse his own actions.

I totally get what you are saying but look, on this site we have people ripping him and that is "okay" but he can't do an interview and really in the end not say anything all that bad at all?
I may not be following your point the way you intended, so for that I apologize ahead of time, but if I am gathering your point correctly, I'm not ripping his decision to leave...I more so don't understand it nor do I buy into many points he made about why he's leaving. My raw feelings I'll keep to myself, unlike JP KW and some message board posters. I'll say this though, his response to JP opened the door for criticism, it doesn't make it right, but it's expected at that point. As is JP getting ripped from people here as well.

I don't recall who called me out, but I had a beer and split a bottle of wine tonight, did I do that right? ...use the word narrative? Heck, I'll call him a chicken f*****

We may have "lost" more games last year but i would hope ppl have more hope after the way it ended than the previous four years.

We put losses in quotes now?.....like we didn't actually lose?

That should help Riley get well above .500 to finish his career.

if youre gonna pull teeth enough to not get inside how Bo got to 9 wins abd Hiw ariley only got 6 in year one, it shows that you dont know jack sh#t about anything. Its the whole point of my rants. None a you ppl wanna think anymore. Its either here or there. Leading to the division of our fanbase. Ppl think im defending Riley in all this crap but im not. Im just asking ppl to know what theyre talking about. Apparently its asking too much.

Noooooo please...we are not becoming the fans that try to explain away wins now are we?

1582rfn.png

Wow, what a pos thing to do. KW seems like he is insecure and has anger management issues, no wonder he loved Bo so much. His next head coach and position coach can enjoy that baggage.

DB and Sharp were talking about a screenshotted conversation, between KW and another party, that got out. I thought they alluded to it being a text convo between players, but could be wrong. Anybody else hear that too or see it?

And I think someone above nailed it: you're talking about a guy who spent 5 years at NU, went through several injuries, earned a double major, was granted a 6th year of eligibility and decided to move on.

He specifically, on several occasions in the interview, said that the current staff was not worse or bad, just different.

You can question is reasoning when it comes to making the move, I have no problem with that.

But for Peter to say KW (and apparently other DL who left this year) lacks heart and balls and were faking, is at least as out of line as ANYTHING, including the drugs and bust comments, that KW said or tweeted.

You're wrong.

It does lack balls to quit on a team on your own volition because of self interest. For the record KW was insinuating that the coaching was inadequate.

A respectable person would have left, and said nothing, and certainly would not have agreed to go on the radio.. KW was irrelevant, and he wanted to be relevant so he went Big Red bashing one last time.

I have a hard time with this thought process. Are you saying that you have to stick with the first job you ever get because if you quit you are quitting on your "team" and only are thinking of yourself?

I have less issue with him deciding to leave and I think it's best for him and the Husker team that he does move on, but it's the narrative behind it that raises a brow. I know we won't ever hear the true story from either KW or the coaching staff and I'm fine by that because I take his words on 1620 worth a grain of salt.

We all know JPs history and his attitude, which doesn't excuse his own tweets, but KW going out of his way and comment like that is inexcusable and lacks maturity. It's one rough moment in his life and it doesn't define him, but dang does he have some work to do on himself to grow up. He mentioned wanting Husker fans to understand his decision, to support him, and doesn't want to leave on bad terms...not exactly the look to earn that respect. Defending him by saying that he has been in the program for 5, would've been 6 years, may provide reasoning for him to move on, but it doesn't excuse his own actions.

I totally get what you are saying but look, on this site we have people ripping him and that is "okay" but he can't do an interview and really in the end not say anything all that bad at all?
I may not be following your point the way you intended, so for that I apologize ahead of time, but if I am gathering your point correctly, I'm not ripping his decision to leave...I more so don't understand it nor do I buy into many points he made about why he's leaving. My raw feelings I'll keep to myself, unlike JP KW and some message board posters. I'll say this though, his response to JP opened the door for criticism, it doesn't make it right, but it's expected at that point. As is JP getting ripped from people here as well.

I don't recall who called me out, but I had a beer and split a bottle of wine tonight, did I do that right? ...use the word narrative? Heck, I'll call him a chicken f*****

I want a goddamn litre o' cola!

• Fire 1

1582rfn.png

You're wrong.

I want a goddamn litre o' cola!

literocola-434.jpg

• Fire 1