Perfect Time to Discuss This Scenario

POB is not nearly ready to go. This fascination with the guy has to stop. He's got skills but he's raw. He has a long way to go before he's game-ready. We're better off going with Fyfe for the rest of the season and not throwing an unready O'Brien into the fire.

You put a guy out there who's not ready for live bullets and it can tank his career. People need to chill with the O'Brien talk.

• Fire 5

POB is not nearly ready to go. This fascination with the guy has to stop. He's got skills but he's raw. He has a long way to go before he's game-ready. We're better off going with Fyfe for the rest of the season and not throwing an unready O'Brien into the fire.

You put a guy out there who's not ready for live bullets and it can tank his career. People need to chill with the O'Brien talk.

But..But....bbbut.... :(

• Fire 1

THANK YOU!

Few of us expected to be 5-0 and almost none would have predicted we'd be ranked in the top TEN at this time. We need to play our best QB first, then our second best QB next UNLESS circumstances change such as: 1. We lose several games and the 'championship' hopes evaporate, AND/OR 2. Our second best QB is a senior and our third best QB is a frosh and the difference between the two in anticipated play is very little. In other words, if the coaches feel we have comparable chances to win with either, then play the youngster! Once the championship hopes disappear, then we turn our focus to building for next year, in my view.

Hopefully we dont end up needing to play POB out of desperation (if we see Tommy further sprain his gimpy ankle) and Fyfe goes down with a rough hit. This now jeopardizes the remainder of the season, the recruiting class, etc etc. I have raised my concerns more than once months ago and nearly everybody simply dismissed my comments as nonsense. Now, everybody seems to think it is a relavant topic. Oddly, now that we are 5-0 (something I somewhat expected while most did not), I see the argument for playing POB as weaker (assuming that Fyfe is dramatically better than POB at this point in time a fact I have considerable doubts about at this point).

You play the best player period. I doubt that he is, or the staff would have him, or closer to playing.

If he is anywhere near as good as some claim, he is not going to be here four years, that just does not happen very often. Loyalty is quickly offset with millions.

Ryker has worked hard, if he gets the chance, he has earned it for sure.

Our worst concern this year was, is and will be Tommy getting injured. Not enough experience behind him. I hope Coach Riley does not let us get into that situation again.

Beau Davis says hello............

• Fire 1

Fyfe with Darlington as back up. those 2 will be our best shot. This situation is why that AJ Bush leaving was such a big deal and is also why they are recruiting more QB's in the class of 2018. Not anything against POB but most high profile QB recruits need 2 years in a college system to learn how to play QB. You can't survive on natural ability like high school. Tanner Lee will be in the middle of the 2017 battle. If POB is our starting QB in 2018; he will take us far!

Almost forgot about Darlington. I'd love to see that guy get on the field more. He's played in every gamehe replaced Sam Foltz at holderbut has he lined up at WR? I don't recall seeing him. He doesn't have any catches on the year so far. :dunno: