Bo Pelini to PURDUE?

So what, hes a football coach. Did you put him in charge of your personal finances.

You asked a general question. That's the real reason a lot of people really don't like him. They bought in then experienced coming up short numerous times and experienced multiple embarassing losses.

Sorry you don't like the answer.

• Fire 1

At this point, Riley would have to win the next 6 games in a row to get his NU winning percentage to be the same as Bo's tenure at Nebraska (66-27, .709 winning percentage).

sample size tho

So, let's say NU goes 11-3 this year (10-2 regular season, loss in B1G Championship, win the bowl game) and then falls back to 8-5 next year (new QB, new receivers, new leaders have to step up). That's a .615 winning percentage through 3 years. Still way behind.
but still less than half of the games that bo coached. So what does Riley do in the next 4 Years? Hard to say but if we get a conference title most likely resulting in a playoff birth I don't care if Riley's win percentages is even close to Bo's
  • Fire 1

At this point, Riley would have to win the next 6 games in a row to get his NU winning percentage to be the same as Bo's tenure at Nebraska (66-27, .709 winning percentage).

sample size tho

So, let's say NU goes 11-3 this year (10-2 regular season, loss in B1G Championship, win the bowl game) and then falls back to 8-5 next year (new QB, new receivers, new leaders have to step up). That's a .615 winning percentage through 3 years. Still way behind.

I'm not sure why Riley would need to equal his percentage by 2018. He needs to average around 9.5 wins over the next 6 seasons (including this year) in order to match what Pelini did. It's too early to say how likely that is but winning 11 games this year would make it a lot easier. That's what's expected of him anyway, + Championship(s)

I think Bo would be a phenomenal DC in the NFL. Talent across the board. Unlimited prep time (his system was predicated on hours of film study to determine tendancies and combos). Lack of mobile qb's to deal with. No recruiting. it seems like a position that would be tailor made for him.

Yes. I think Bo has missed his calling. Some coaches are just not cut out for college football. We should've learned that from the Callahan debacle. Bill was a good NFL coach. Bo was successful at the NFL level but less so at the college level. Nothing wrong with that. Would he succeed at Purdue? I doubt it as the powers that be would not likely hire him given his reputation and firing at NU. Too much baggage.

sample size tho
I'm not sure why Riley would need to equal his percentage by 2018. He needs to average around 9.5 wins over the next 6 seasons (including this year) in order to match what Pelini did. It's too early to say how likely that is but winning 11 games this year would make it a lot easier. That's what's expected of him anyway, + Championship(s)

Bo also came into a way less toxic situation, and for the most part a more talent laden roster. Guys like Suh, Prince, etc were already recruited here.

Riley spent half of the first season here cleaning out a toxic locker room and getting guys to buy in. Since that bumpy start he has gone 9-1.

Riley hasn't done anything yet, but let's not act like Bo set such a high bar it can't be reached. One conference championship, or possibly a BCS bowl win would trump anything Bo accomplished.

• Fire 7