Injury updates

mwj98

And, you know they didn't attempt a plan B or C how?

You're right, I technically don't know if they didn't attempt a plan B or C, but by not signing any QB in that class, the coaches failed.

OK..go ahead and crucify them for failing to sign a great class with two months to do it. (which you admitted you really don't know what transpired during that time)

I'll enjoy concentrating on the 22 months since where they have signed what appears to be three very capable QBs (assuming Gebbia signs).

And you go ahead and make it seem like Riley and his staff can do no wrong and they don't deserve to be criticized over anything.

The thing that has annoyed me about Riley is that he is taking a very "long-game" approach with the program. I understand the reasoning behind this philosophy and sometimes there no quick fixes. But that philosophy delivered an awful 2015 season, and a 2016 season which was no better than the "down years" of his predecessor.

Who is saying the bolded?

Kind of interesting when people have not problem accusing others of saying things they didn't say but take offense when the situation is reversed.

You're right, I technically don't know if they didn't attempt a plan B or C, but by not signing any QB in that class, the coaches failed.

This logic is the dumbest sh#t I have ever heard.

I'm a student at the university. Coaches could have signed me. I played center in high school, but I also played baseball and personally think I throw a mean ball. Coaches could have "signed a QB". Would you be happy then?

No, people like you are insatiable unless a top 5 ranked Pro-Style QB commits to NU. And you're not going to do that in 2 months on a job with a 2 year returning starter selling a complete change in offensive philosophy to an offense that hasn't been run at the school, like ever.

This logic is the dumbest sh#t I have ever heard.

I'm a student at the university. Coaches could have signed me. I played center in high school, but I also played baseball and personally think I throw a mean ball. Coaches could have "signed a QB". Would you be happy then?

No, people like you are insatiable unless a top 5 ranked Pro-Style QB commits to NU. And you're not going to do that in 2 months on a job with a 2 year returning starter selling a complete change in offensive philosophy to an offense that hasn't been run at the school, like ever.

You don't know me very well.

e

If Armstrong played through a torn hamstring, I don't feel quite as bad about losing 40-10 to Iowa.

Honestly, it just shows that we really needed to get a QB in the 2016 cycle, even if Bush stayed, we would've been in trouble because he wasn't very good.

We did get one in 2016.

Maybe you are thinking of 2015.

They should have gotten a QB that fit their "system" in 2015. They had 2 months to bring in a guy, and completely ignored recruiting a QB in that cycle.

They tried to flip Joe Burrow.

In other words....

They didn't just "ignore" recruiting a QB. It's pretty dang difficult to get a decent QB to commit to you 2 months on the job.

I keep hearing that, but there wasn't one or two guys that they had been recruiting to Oregon State that were still on their radar? Even if the kid was lower graded, it would have been another body that would have fit their system better than what was on the roster at the time.

I understand they tried to flip Burrow, but that was going to be a tough task. I am just saying they should have had a plan B or C.

That would have been great to go after a OSU prospect so our board could post another comment "not another OSU connection - doesn't this staff know that they are at NU now?"

OK..go ahead and crucify them for failing to sign a great class with two months to do it. (which you admitted you really don't know what transpired during that time)

I'll enjoy concentrating on the 22 months since where they have signed what appears to be three very capable QBs (assuming Gebbia signs).

And you go ahead and make it seem like Riley and his staff can do no wrong and they don't deserve to be criticized over anything.

The thing that has annoyed me about Riley is that he is taking a very "long-game" approach with the program. I understand the reasoning behind this philosophy and sometimes there no quick fixes. But that philosophy delivered an awful 2015 season, and a 2016 season which was no better than the "down years" of his predecessor.

Actually 2015 was a combination of coaching mistakes and a high % of players that didn't "buy in" - 2016 has been as good as the better years of his predecessor.

Actually 2015 was a combination of coaching mistakes and a high % of players that didn't "buy in" - 2016 has been as good as the better years of his predecessor.

Lol. I'll have what you're smoking.

• Fire 1

I think we have hit the 1,000,000 mark on the "buy-in" excuse.

• Fire 3

Sooooo....if the non-buy in existed before, is there a time in space where mentioning it makes it not exist?

Sooooo....if the non-buy in existed before, is there a time in space where mentioning it makes it not exist?

When exactly did the buy in start and stop? Was it only the 11 game stretch at going 3 and 1 to end last year and go through the first 7 games this year?

I know what could have prevented the perceived lack of buy in. Urban, Saban, Harbaugh, to name a few didn't have those problems. I'll bet that Hermann won't have those problems either.

He will get UT to the playoff before we win a conference championship.

When exactly did the buy in start and stop? Was it only the 11 game stretch at going 3 and 1 to end last year and go through the first 7 games this year?

I know what could have prevented the perceived lack of buy in. Urban, Saban, Harbaugh, to name a few didn't have those problems. I'll bet that Hermann won't have those problems either.

He will get UT to the playoff before we win a conference championship.

It started at the beginning of 2015 season and probably went up and down with different events. Losing would make it go up and time would make it go down. It has been mentioned by several players so let's not call it an excuse and agree that it is a fact. Can it be overcome? - sure, however still a factor. Did Bo coach at ALL those schools?

• Fire 1