Trump's America

zoogs

I thought the same thing about Bush and even Reagan . I wasn’t a fan of either as a president but I thought they were decent human beings with admirable qualities . Not so much with Trump . 

The one Kudo I will give Trump is that he’s a master salesman . He’s not really a great human being on many levels but he’s able to sell himself as the greatest ever and people buy it . I don’t know how he does it . 

20 minutes ago, Moiraine said:

I don't think they actually do in "real life" but for some reason people separate real life from celebrity. I think the average person would not like Trump at all as a normal person. I think the vast majority would not like him as a normal person. There are people who don't rip others off in business dealings and don't cheat on their spouses and don't lie constantly who think he's great and who would hate him if he was just your average Joe doing the same things.

I thought Bush was a bad president but I could always understand hanging out with him and I always understood why he appealed to normal people.

Trump on the other hand belongs in diapers.

How many Republican Presidents would have stood up to Hillary and her attack dogs? How many would have fought for the tax bill? How many would have stood by Kavanaugh as the Dem smear merchants tried to annihilate him? Maybe Reagan, but I can't think of once since.

He's pushing for fairer trade deals, lower tax rates, and less regulation. Look at how the economy is booming. The cause and effect there is simple to see.

Trump is a fighter, who refuses to back down, even as the Dems engage in ever-increasingly horrific conduct. Despite his failings, THAT'S why Republicans support him.

• Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, Big Red 40 said:

I thought the same thing about Bush and even Reagan . I wasn’t a fan of either as a president but I thought they were decent human beings with admirable qualities . Not so much with Trump . 

The one Kudo I will give Trump is that he’s a master salesman . He’s not really a great human being on many levels but he’s able to sell himself as the greatest ever and people buy it . I don’t know how he does it . 

Do you think the Clintons are decent human beings with admirable qualities. I don't. Neither does the rest of the country. 

Literally any other candidate the Dems could have nominated would likely have beaten Trump.

Obama screwed the Dems, as they lost an unbelievable amount of power under his leadership. Hillary screwed the Dems by being a miserable human being and quite possibly the worst candidate ever.

53 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Do you think the Clintons are decent human beings with admirable qualities. I don't. Neither does the rest of the country. 

Literally any other candidate the Dems could have nominated would likely have beaten Trump.

Obama screwed the Dems, as they lost an unbelievable amount of power under his leadership. Hillary screwed the Dems by being a miserable human being and quite possibly the worst candidate ever.

You’ve said that about the Clintons a 1000 times but it still doesn’t make it true . 67 million people voted for HRC in 2016 and aside from a viscous unproven  smear campaign she was the much better, more qualified candidate. Bill was a long time much beloved governor of Arkansas for many years and a 2 term POTUS . So the claim that the “whole country” hates them is false . They are both highly educated intelligent people who I would very much enjoy talking to . Trump is a pompous ignorant windbag I would want nothing to do with . 

Its not about political power to me either wretched people like Mitch McConnell are good a gaining political power at all cost , that doesn’t make him a better person  to me at all . Qualities like being  thoughtful ,intelligent, well spoken , respectful , diplomatic , and being a caring person are more important to me . I see many of those qualities in both Obama’s and both Clinton’s . I see none of those qualities in Trump or most of the god awful GOP leadership . 

• Plus1 1
  • Fire 1

3 hours ago, Big Red 40 said:

Having money is the ultimate power in this country. Trump has used his money to bully/control others , and get away with being a jerk for years. Many people consider that being a badass . 

Some, in this forum, say Trump doesn't have the money or wealth he claims......

So there's that.

• Plus1 1
11 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Trump thought the Clintons were decent human beings until he decided he wanted to hold political office.

EAIUUsz.png

• Plus1 3
  • Haha 1

12 hours ago, schriznoeder said:

I mean, nobody is claiming that Kanye is THE SINGLE BEST PERSON in America for these issues. Nobody is even claiming he's a good person for them. But he's a successful person with a platform and, seemingly, a passion for them, so this seems like a waste of time criticizing something just for the sake of it.

And I have no idea how hard or not Kanye has studied or how he defines being an advocate in your field, but he at least built a business and is an expert in his profession of hip hop. What's Clint so mad about? Does he like fish sticks or something?

2 hours ago, Landlord said:

I mean, nobody is claiming that Kanye is THE SINGLE BEST PERSON in America for these issues. Nobody is even claiming he's a good person for them. But he's a successful person with a platform and, seemingly, a passion for them, so this seems like a waste of time criticizing something just for the sake of it.

And I have no idea how hard or not Kanye has studied or how he defines being an advocate in your field, but he at least built a business and is an expert in his profession of hip hop. What's Clint so mad about? Does he like fish sticks or something?

Let's not forget...

1e3Yv2u.jpg

Kanye makes (made?) great music but he's definitely an ass. Watching that TMZ rant he went on last year was a cringe factory and I'm a white dude. That said, he's had mental health issues in the past, so you've got to empathize with him in that regard. Seems in this regard he's got some feelings about some of these issues and I think they're commendable positions. But I kind of laugh at the concept of Kanye West being some authority on manufacturing. It's sad how transparently Trump thinks it's cool a high-profile black celebrity is really into him and wants to draw attention to it. I feel like he's using Kanye somewhat here.

I thought Pete Davidson had a pretty fair take on Kanye. In case you missed it, Kanye went on an extremely odd political rant after the show cut off air a couple weekends ago.

• Plus1 1

Sure, Trump is an opportunist. Sure, Kanye is a loose cannon. But seeing how we can trust Trump to NOT take sound expert advice on anything of importance, and there's somebody who actually has his ear, if it results in wins for manufacturing/chicago violence/prison reform, well, there's plenty of other stuff to waste energy and bandwidth criticizing but that's something we could all smile about.

Also the way that the hyper progressive online community has treated Kanye the last 6 months or so has been really pitiful. I'm no huge apologist or even big fan of the guy at all really, but anyone with an open mind can see that he's just trying to explore ideas and challenge existing ones. That's healthy. We need more of that. We don't need to ostracize and vilify it.

24 minutes ago, Landlord said:

Sure, Trump is an opportunist. Sure, Kanye is a loose cannon. But seeing how we can trust Trump to NOT take sound expert advice on anything of importance, and there's somebody who actually has his ear, if it results in wins for manufacturing/chicago violence/prison reform, well, there's plenty of other stuff to waste energy and bandwidth criticizing but that's something we could all smile about.

Also the way that the hyper progressive online community has treated Kanye the last 6 months or so has been really pitiful. I'm no huge apologist or even big fan of the guy at all really, but anyone with an open mind can see that he's just trying to explore ideas and challenge existing ones. That's healthy. We need more of that. We don't need to ostracize and vilify it.

We do need to vilify it when it can set us back. “With great power” etc. There is real harm that can be done by a Black person saying slavery was a choice, imo. It perpetuates the idea that Blacks are lazy. Having it said by a Black man is far worse because it’s held up as an example that “even they think it’s true, see.” It’s somewhat similar to the potential harm that could come if holocaust deniers increase in number except it isn’t Jews saying it.

It reminds me of women saying they aren’t feminists and that feminism is wrong and that women should be happy with what they have. That does harm in my opinion, and it would be worse if it came from a famous woman. I constantly see men who are sexist using this to argue their sexist viewpoints. “This woman I know said it was okay so it is obviously okay” and they think it ends the discussion and they’ve won. Nothing else matters except that 1 woman defended their viewpoint about women. With Kanye it’s even worse because he is famous.

He has the right to support Trump and say everything he’s said, but I see no reason people should hold back when he says things like the slavery comment

• Plus1 2