Any chance we see Darlington?

lo country

If Fyfe is given time he can throw the ball well. He also has a bit more elusiveness when guys arent forcing him out after two seconds. The offer size line needs to get its sh#t together. It's going to be a sad, sad world when we have a statue for a qb next year and our sacks allowed goes to the moon. So much is masked by Tommy's mobility.

• Fire 2

Sacks do not have to go thru the moon.

TA has done a great job at avoiding sacks by scrambling - most QB's avoid sacks by throwing completions to a check-down receiver or throwing the ball out of bounds. For as good as TA is at scrambling he is equally not good at the other 2 options.

I am not sure who we will see this weekend, but my guess is Tommy won't play. I know I will get skewered for this, but I don't think Fyfe is as bad as most do. I just don't think he has ever been given the best chance to succeed behind a hobbled O line or play calling that did him no favors (Purdue). If he plays, gets time to throw, and doesn't have to deal with air raid play calling the whole game, some may be surprised this weekend. I don't want to turn this into a Fyfe debate as that has already been played out..... just giving my $.02. On another note, I like what I saw in the Spring game last season with Darlington and how he went through his receiver progressions. Not a large sample to draw from, but against Maryland he may do a great job as well?

• Fire 3

If Darlington couldn't beat him out the past two season not sure why the coaches would just throw him in there.

Darlington wasn't competing with Fyfe at QB this year. He moved to WR, and then the coaches made him the emergency QB after Bush left the program.
He was a QB last year when Fyfe was second string behind Tommy.

We're rolling with Fyfe today.

I don't fully believe it, but I've also heard from a couple different places that Darlington might be used in a wildcat role.

I hope its more like the Rex Cat all game. Our chances to win out just decreased. UNLESS Langs pulls his head outta his a$$, looks at what Fyfe was able to do last year and this effectively and does that. Id go heavy run with a little PA to keep he D honest. D and ST will each have to score today.... Or play their best game of the year.....