2017 Front Seven Projections

i would love to see one of our bigger safeties like reed or domann get a look at one of the linebacker spots in certain formations. the Az Cardinals use deone bucannon as a linebacker (6-1 220 former safety) as a hybrid linebacker amd he's beena beast since he switched positions.

This is what I think about when Diaco talks about 4-2-5 coinciding with the 3-4

I'm sorta shocked that MR had to go clear to the east coast for a defensive guru; he coulda just posted on this board and a dozen highly qualified applicates would have been on his doorstep, that evening unless, he needed them quicker. even the most harsh MR hater would've changed 180 degrees if offered a job as king of the blackshirts!

I think the 3-4 will allow us to substitute in more defensive lineman, so our starters won't have to play almost every snap in the game. Some teams run 80-90+ plays on us so being in the game for all those snaps tires our D-line out.

This would be my D-line

DT NT DT

Mick S C. Davis Freedom A

K Davis D Daniels D Thomas

P. Newell(maybe gets 4-8 snaps a game)

Linebackers MLB MLB

Marcus Newby(Cat) D. Young C. Weber Mo Barry(Dog)

C. Miller T. Ferguson Q. Alex Luke Gifford/P. Jefferson

We need our speediest linebackers at the dog, I am not sure how fast gifford is but he did play safety in high school so he might be able to cover at the dog. The Cat needs to be able to put a hand down and rush the passer if Diaco wants to go 4-3 for a play. I could see newby as a mlb too with Alex davis or D. Neil playing the Cat linebacker as well.

We could see an O Lineman at the nose. Not sure who. Jalin Barnett?

I've seen that being thrown around, just not the biggest fan. With the issues we had last year on the o-line, just don't like throwing away potential depth.

I've been hearing he almost ate his way out of a scholarship and was never going to be a factor on that side of the ball. If he can help us somewhere it might be at nose guard.

I posted this in another thread but it fits here too: Here's more from Diaco about the personnel:

"We can piece and put guys where their physical traits fit best," Diaco said. "So the image that you have of the 3-4 and the front two-gapping is not the system that I've created. There's a lot of flexibility. The Nebraska defensive personnel is going to be just fine to become and be a great defense."

Note the bolded part. Diaco saying it's not a two-gapping front means we don't need as big of players on the DL, right?

I've seen that being thrown around, just not the biggest fan. With the issues we had last year on the o-line, just don't like throwing away potential depth.

I've been hearing he almost ate his way out of a scholarship and was never going to be a factor on that side of the ball. If he can help us somewhere it might be at nose guard.

Seems to be the info on the board

I actually got that from some information I receive during the season.

I actually got that from some information I receive during the season.

Not posting to doubt you. Unsure who had originally posted it during the season.