Jump to content
knapplc

The Republican Utopia

Recommended Posts


6 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

@TGHusker this is your neck of the woods, isn't it?  Thoughts (or should I assume you were there?)

 

 

An outspoken anti-Trump billionaire hedge fund manager drew less than 300 people in a metro area?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, TheSker said:

An outspoken anti-Trump billionaire hedge fund manager drew less than 300 people in a metro area?

Not sure how to read your tone @TheSker  the article drills down pretty quick, and what I thought was interesting:

 

Quote

Three hundred is not a huge crowd in the big scheme of things. One of Trump’s trademark rallies would no doubt attract many times that number.

 

But the crowd — and its enthusiasm — also are not nothing in a county that gave Trump nearly 60 percent of the vote in 2016 and has voted Republican in every presidential election since 1940.

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, NM11046 said:

Not sure how to read your tone @TheSker  the article drills down pretty quick, and what I thought was interesting:

 

 

 

Yes, it's an insignificant number for a man of Steyer's "influence".

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, NM11046 said:

@TGHusker this is your neck of the woods, isn't it?  Thoughts (or should I assume you were there?)

 

 

Right in my backyard - but I didn't know it was going on.  Would have been interesting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, GSG said:

 

 

This encapsulates it so perfectly.

 

We've got money for a f#$%ing "Space Force," and unlimited golf trips, and all the little corrupt niceties that all these grifters that are currently heading up federal agencies happy, like personal flights, soundproof telephone booths, nice tables for their offices, tactical pants...

 

But we've got people in our own country struggling and scraping by to survive. I just found out my girlfriend's mom is back at the doctor being seen about recurring kidney issues which will likely require ANOTHER surgery. Last time this happened it was hell and crippled them financially. She has no idea what they'll do if it happens again.

 

But all these comic book villains running the federal government can't help us, because they're busy with all the graft and personal pet projects. You know, Space Force sounds pretty cool.

 

Whomever runs in 2020 needs "end the blatant corruption" as a central tenant. Simple but powerful.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Clifford Franklin said:

 

This encapsulates it so perfectly.

 

We've got money for a f#$%ing "Space Force," and unlimited golf trips, and all the little corrupt niceties that all these grifters that are currently heading up federal agencies happy, like personal flights, soundproof telephone booths, nice tables for their offices, tactical pants...

 

But we've got people in our own country struggling and scraping by to survive. I just found out my girlfriend's mom is back at the doctor being seen about recurring kidney issues which will likely require ANOTHER surgery. Last time this happened it was hell and crippled them financially. She has no idea what they'll do if it happens again.

 

But all these comic book villains running the federal government can't help us, because they're busy with all the graft and personal pet projects. You know, Space Force sounds pretty cool.

 

Whomever runs in 2020 needs "end the blatant corruption" as a central tenant. Simple but powerful.

You mean something like "drain the swamp!" ?

 

So simple it might just work :(

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, funhusker said:

You mean something like "drain the swamp!" ?

 

So simple it might just work :(

 

Trump was being truthful, he just didn't add the second part out loud, but it was "Into me and my associate's bank accounts."

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can't the government just lie to Trump and tell him there's a space force and a border wall. 

 

It might even be a clever way to get rid of trump. We tell him he's going to visit his new space station/trump hotel on the moon we paint space force on the side of a rocket launch his dumb fat ass into the sun.

  • Plus1 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

the republican utopia is when you get caught committing a crime and you blame the democrats rather than take responsibility for your own actions

 

 

  • Plus1 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m personally in favor of the Space Force. We also need to be doing a heck of a lot more with regard to R&D for emerging technologies like artificial intelligence. China is starting to pull ahead and that’s pretty dangerous. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.










×
×
  • Create New...