The Republican Utopia

My 21 year old told me the neo-Nazi story is at least partially true. A semi-autonomous unit of the Urkanian military are apparently made up of neo-Nazis. 

Don't know the facts but it wouldn't be hugely surprising. The world is a messy place. And Marjorie Taylor Greene is still a twat. 

• Plus1 3
3 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

My 21 year old told me the neo-Nazi story is at least partially true. A semi-autonomous unit of the Urkanian military are apparently made up of neo-Nazis. 

Don't know the facts but it wouldn't be hugely surprising. The world is a messy place. And Marjorie Taylor Greene is still a twat. 

Ukraine's Azov Battalion is a neo-Nazi white nationalist militia, & anti-Russia.

https://www.aljazeera.com/news/2022/3/1/who-are-the-azov-regiment

The unit was led by Andriy Biletsky, who said Ukraine's national purpose was to “lead the white races of the world in a final crusade … against Semite-led Untermenschen [inferior races]”.

Putin referenced the presence of such units within the Ukrainian military as one of the reasons for launching his so-called “special military operation … to de-militarise and de-Nazify Ukraine”.

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, Guy Chamberlin said:

It's pretty safe to say that every military has its share of ultra-right wingers, even in the US.

• Plus1 3

Speaking of Nazis.  Another Trumpist lying about her association with Nazi Nick Fuentes.  "How was I 'poss to know?"

Kind of like "I don't know who the Proud Boys are"

Then..."Proud Boys, stand back and stand by"

It never fails

• Plus1 1

At the end of the day, Ukraine remains a west-leaning Democracy, still in the throes of corruption, still racist in many ways, but making huge steps out of the past in a relatively short time. As with every country, they have factions, including pro-Russia factions. The Nazi faction is a minority in Ukraine, much as they are in the U.S. The everyday people of Ukraine did not ask for or deserve any of this. As Putin well knows, a white nationalist, anti-semitic faction in a neighboring country poses no threat to Russia. A white race crusade cares less about national borders and likely has more in common with Russia's own right wing, the white nationalists who help keep Putin in power.

Remember, Gen. Michael Flynn once represented the U.S. military. 

• Plus1 3