The Environment

My business travels took me to Cleveland this week. This afternoon I had some time and took a long walk along the Cuyahoga River. In the 60s and 70s this river was so polluted that it would catch on fire. This inspired congress to create the Clean Water Act. Last week, it was declared safe to eat the fish. 

Im interested in knowing if our MAGA freinds feel these regulations should never have been put in place and should all clean water regulations be taken away?

@45timesbetterthanemptysuit @MNBigRedNorth @Dewiz ?????

• Plus1 1

4 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

My business travels took me to Cleveland this week. This afternoon I had some time and took a long walk along the Cuyahoga River. In the 60s and 70s this river was so polluted that it would catch on fire. This inspired congress to create the Clean Water Act. Last week, it was declared safe to eat the fish. 

Im interested in knowing if our MAGA freinds feel these regulations should never have been put in place and should all clean water regulations be taken away?

@45timesbetterthanemptysuit @MNBigRedNorth @Dewiz ?????

I don’t know much about the CWA act if that’s what you’re referring too but I do believe that maintaining a clean water resource should be a high priority...look at Flint, Michigan for an example

• Plus1 2

Lol.

Activists Wear Swamp Creature Masks To Trump Nominee's Hearing, And The Pictures Are Priceless

While President Trump argued his election would "drain the swamp," activists would argue that's not the case and that David Bernhardt, who used to be a lobbyist for oil companies and is now Trump's nominee to lead the Department of the Interior, is a primary example. 

And so, to draw attention to Bernhardt's nomination, Greenpeace sent people with "Creature of the Black Lagoon" masks to Bernhardt's Senate hearing on Thursday. Regardless of your view of the politics, the pictures are... very good.

Swamp2.jpeg

swamp1.jpeg

• Plus1 1
  • Haha 3

This tweet reminded me of when I was in Barbados. My wife and I were taking a water taxi to this great little restaurant on the coast when our driver suddenly smashed the engines in reverse and brought us to a screeching halt. He leapt out of the driver's seat, grabbed a pole hook and slammed it into the water, carving a quick slash through the waves. All of that effort was for...

a single plastic straw wrapper.

Imagine if people put even an ounce of that effort into not littering and dumping their garbage into the seas and oceans.

• Thanks 1
8 hours ago, funhusker said:

Our president just claimed noises from windmills causes cancer...

f#&% this guy!

what's scary is about 60,000,000 americans now believe that TS.....when none of them ever thought about it before.  the other 260,000,000 are traitors for not believing what dear leader has claimed

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/news/video-1897418/Video-Trump-wonders-noise-wind-farms-causes-cancer.html