Lee vs. POB

The Great Husker QB Battle of 2017  

154 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I know he's older, but Lee just appears to be so much bigger than O'Brien.

Tanner Lee = 6'4" 205 lbs

POB = 6'4" 230 lbs

Per roster of Huskermax.com.

I saw POB on campus and there's no way he is 6'4. I'd say he is 6'1 at best. There's no way he is any taller than Armstrong. He is for sure 230 tho

I know he's older, but Lee just appears to be so much bigger than O'Brien.

Tanner Lee = 6'4" 205 lbs

POB = 6'4" 230 lbs

Per roster of Huskermax.com.

I saw POB on campus and there's no way he is 6'4. I'd say he is 6'1 at best. There's no way he is any taller than Armstrong. He is for sure 230 tho

He and Tanner Lee are similar heights and they are both around 6'4. POB is taller then Tommy, Patrick can see over the offensive line and all of the recruiting services had him at 6'4. They measure them the players at camps and such, where POB was around 6'4 at all of them.

Just watched the BTN Nebraska vs. Oregon in 60. We keep hearing about how accuracy has vastly improved but man that will not take much. To be fair, if Tommy was any less mobile he would have gotten destroyed. That's worrisome.

That's the tradeoff and the biggest question for the season. Will having an accurate passer do enough to offset the so-so pass blocking?

That said, Armstrong wasn't good at stepping into the pocket, so it's possible he made the pass blocking look worse than it actually was. He tended to jog backwards which often made it easier for the DL to get close to him. Then he'd do his spin move and launch the ball into the air.

• Fire 1

Just watched the BTN Nebraska vs. Oregon in 60. We keep hearing about how accuracy has vastly improved but man that will not take much. To be fair, if Tommy was any less mobile he would have gotten destroyed. That's worrisome.

That's the tradeoff and the biggest question for the season. Will having an accurate passer do enough to offset the so-so pass blocking?

That said, Armstrong wasn't good at stepping into the pocket, so it's possible he made the pass blocking look worse than it actually was. He tended to jog backwards which often made it easier for the DL to get close to him. Then he'd do his spin move and launch the ball into the air.

Agree

I will not miss that spin move.

The spin move I loved.....the launch...not so much.

• Fire 1

He just seemed always very uncomfortable and stressed back there. Found a way to make very uneventful dropbacks epic in some way or another.

Both quarterbacks got workouts in over spring break. Patrick O’Brien spent time with Steve Calhoun in Los Angeles and Tanner Lee worked with George Whitfield in San Diego.

Lee is planning to go back to the Archie Manning Camp this spring to get some work in as well.