Spring Practice - Running Backs

Davis telling me things I already knew. Wilbon should have already been receiving more carries.

I know. I remember during the BYU game that he was the best RB on the field that day and I wasn't the only one who felt that as so many others in my section thought so too.

Then after that game it's like Wilbon fell off the face of the earth

Davis telling me things I already knew. Wilbon should have already been receiving more carries.

I know. I remember during the BYU game that he was the best RB on the field that day and I wasn't the only one who felt that as so many others in my section thought so too.

The myth of the Wilbon/BYU game continues to grow

6 carries for 14 yards (long of 7 yards)

2 receptions for 28 yards (long of 14 yards)

• Fire 2

Wilbon - 2.3 ypc

Newby - 4.3 ypc

Cross 4.9 ypc

We'll, third best. But that's still pretty good!

• Fire 2

Wilbon - 2.3 ypc

Newby - 4.3 ypc

Cross 4.9 ypc

Someone always has to be that douche and bring up irrelevant stats. I mean hell we have the stays after 1 game so I guess we just shouldn't play the rest. You can't even argue that if Wilbon isn't the best back we have as a runner. Sure he has stuff he can work on but he's definitely our best runner. And the only way he's going to be a complete back is reps.
  • Fire 1

Wilbon - 2.3 ypc

Newby - 4.3 ypc

Cross 4.9 ypc

Someone always has to be that douche and bring up irrelevant stats. I mean hell we have the stays after 1 game so I guess we just shouldn't play the rest. You can't even argue that if Wilbon isn't the best back we have as a runner. Sure he has stuff he can work on but he's definitely our best runner. And the only way he's going to be a complete back is reps.

I can't even argue that Wilbon is our best back? What?

Each of the last 2 years he has been passed by a true freshman on the depth chart. Both those guys that passed him are still on the team. So yes, it is arguable that he is the best back on the team.

If I remember correctly, Wilbon ran all over the Blackshirts when he was on scout team running-back the week we played Wisconsin in 2014. That has to count for something right guys?

He has the talent to be a great running back and now he has to translate it to the game to take it to another level. We will see who wins this battle but a dose of Tre, Wilbon and Zig during a game would be fun to see. Wilbon/Tre tiring the defense and Zig pounding them while they are tired and thus getting us extra yards.

• Fire 1

Wilbon - 2.3 ypc

Newby - 4.3 ypc

Cross 4.9 ypc

Each of the last 2 years he has been passed by a true freshman on the depth chart. Both those guys that passed him are still on the team. So yes, it is arguable that he is the best back on the team.

I agree with Huskers44's opinion that Wilbon is the best back. He is more elusive, quicker, and our best playmaker as a ball carrier with it in his hands.

He can be passed on the depth by five or six backs, for one or two reasons that we are not entitled to know (past or present). But I don't think it has anything to do with running the ball. He's too natural and fluid to get bumped down for that. Just calling it as I see it.

Unfortunately, sometimes it takes a player until his senior year for the light to come on. Read an OWH article a couple days ago stating Wilbon had difficulty understanding this offense and that now in the spring he has really focused on it. Improved blocking and QB protection are other reasons for his apparent rise in the depth chart. I never really doubted his athleticism.

Wilbon - 2.3 ypc

Newby - 4.3 ypc

Cross 4.9 ypc

Read it again. I said as a runner he shows way more ability to miss and speed than any of our other backs. I never said he was the best right now but he has the most upside.

Wilbon - 2.3 ypc

Newby - 4.3 ypc

Cross 4.9 ypc

I agree with Huskers44's opinion that Wilbon is the best back. He is more elusive, quicker, and our best playmaker as a ball carrier with it in his hands.

He can be passed on the depth by five or six backs, for one or two reasons that we are not entitled to know (past or present). But I don't think it has anything to do with running the ball. He's too natural and fluid to get bumped down for that. Just calling it as I see it.

So what you are saying is if we run 100% of the time out of a single back set - he is our guy?