DOJ Initial Russia Hearings

12 minutes ago, knapplc said:

I do still half think that's Pelosi's strategy. I think it's a bad one, but it's the only reason I can think of that makes any kind of sense why you wouldn't impeach now.

Because what's the point? They impeach him and then the Senate votes to do nothing. It essentially a loss right now. Short of Mcgahn or Hope Hicks straight up testifying that Trump committed crimes the GOP will never vote to convict in the Senate.

Everyone needs to be subpoenaed to testify, and that will take years...

1 minute ago, ZRod said:

Because what's the point? They impeach him and then the Senate votes to do nothing. It essentially a loss right now. Short of Mcgahn or Hope Hicks straight up testifying that Trump committed crimes the GOP will never vote to convict in the Senate.

Trump under oath would be the point. Ultimately people can say Mueller is a partisan hack and not believe a word he says and still support Trump. It's alot harder to take that approach if Trump is fumbling over himself under oath.

• Plus1 3

Just left DC - what a weird vibe there.  I thought for sure, like when I"m in NYC there would be opinionated folks pushing for justice that have seen the light or have been fighting against it all along - that was not the case.  I thought for sure that people who have dedicated their entire lives to the government would surely be upset at the state of affairs.  Nope.  The airport was errily quiet - some watching the hearing in bars or more often on their personal computers or phones.

Surrounded by colleagues from across the US at breakfast and I was the lone person speaking out against Trump.  Lots of "San Fran Nan" comments about how she's old and can't be trusted in office, Hilary was horrible, but the most interesting comment made, that many agreed with was that the extremes are loud - right or left the people speaking out do not reflect the majority of people.  That the polls for Trump were wrong because nobody counts them, they stay quiet, just go vote and don't yap about it.  All taking this stance reside in the large red area that covers all states but the coasts. All white men.  Yet they were most certainly the "loudest" this morning.  It just struck me as amazing that at this point there are still defenders, smart people - all of whom shut up as soon as the people of color with our group came to the table.

And now I head out to see my family, where the TV is tuned to Fox News 24/7 except when I'm in the house.  I'm trying to limit my alcohol consumption.  Wish me well.  If you don't hear from me before next Wednesday it's been nice getting to know you all.  GBR.

21 minutes ago, QMany said:

Christopher Wray, current FBI Director, said he has reviewed the Mueller report but hasn’t read every word.

Seriously.  W. T.  F.

• Plus1 2
  • Fire 1

Trump responds wt his normal bombast and extolling the economy and decrying the  investigation. He says it was a very big day for the country, GOP and even himself.  He called the GOP as warriors defending the country against the hoax promoted by the Dems.    

22 minutes ago, Nebfanatic said:

Trump under oath would be the point. Ultimately people can say Mueller is a partisan hack and not believe a word he says and still support Trump. It's alot harder to take that approach if Trump is fumbling over himself under oath.

Very true.

1 hour ago, ZRod said:

Very true.

My other reasoning would be precedent and I think that is important and not getting talked about enough. If we don't impeach, what does that say to future Presidents? I can do what I want and essentially get away with it while I'm in office. 

• Plus1 3

Today was a stirring victory for Trump and Trump supporters, putting the far more corrupt Dems in the conspiracy spotlight. 

That's how this will play to half the country. 

Again, I can point to 100 things about Trump that I find more troubling and impeachable than seeking Hillary dirt from Russia. It's a mistake putting so many eggs in the Mueller basket.

4 hours ago, QMany said:

I disagree. A lot of people haven't made up their mind because the 400+ page report was very complex and hard to digest in condensed soundbites. I'm a licensed attorney in three states, state court and federal court, and practicing litigator, and it took a lot of time and concentration to follow. Coupled with that, Barr tried to spin it before it was even released. Mueller's testimony today, which includes some great condensed nuggets, will help make up minds. More importantly, I think (and hope) it will increase voter turnout.

It's okay, sounds like Mueller wasn't sure what was in his report either.

oh and,

On ‎6‎/‎26‎/‎2019 at 2:25 PM, Notre Dame Joe said:

Why worry about what's damn near guaranteed?

4 hours ago, Nebfanatic said:

I don't disagree with anything you said, the thing is though a large portion of this country is beyond saving right now.

I concur. The vast majority of the GOP and Trump supporters are complicit traitors at this point and should be treated as such. 

• Plus1 5
3 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

It's okay, sounds like Mueller wasn't sure what was in his report either.

No, it was pretty damn clear to all but those that choose to ignore the truth he knew and understood what was in that report. I mean, it’s too bad for Trump supporters the report wasn’t done in crayon and didn’t have pretty pictures, but that doesn’t mean Mueller didn’t know—it’s a complex 400+ page report. 

But the report is easy to sum up when Mueller said he would charge Trump as soon as he left the White House because there is enough there...that’s pretty motherf*****g clear and to the point.  

• Plus1 4
7 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

This hearing was important so that it is out for everyone to HEAR from his own mouth what was in the report.  There WAS obstruction.  He WOULD indict him after he leaves office.  He DID lie to the American people.  Russians ARE still trying to meddle in our elections and the President doesn't care/supports it.

RE: the bold, it's important we don't misrepresent this. He did not say he would. He said he could. 

Anyways, I think the absolute biggest thing to come out of this is what didn't. It looks like Mueller passed on everything related to possible blackmail and compromise, counterintelligence stuff, etc. to the FBI who is still currently investigating and the American public NEEDS that s#!t now.

• Plus1 3
5 hours ago, Landlord said:

RE: the bold, it's important we don't misrepresent this. He did not say he would. He said he could. 

And then he walked it back.  Mueller had already promised he would not say anything new (ya know stuff that would put him in legal trouble) and he followed through.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1