Tanner Lee Named Starting QB

I'm far more worried about our OL and how well we'll play on defense in the new 3-4 scheme.

I agree - despite Nebraska having zero quarterbacks who have started a game here, I feel pleasantly calm about the position. We'll ultimately learn very quickly whether that serenity is misplaced.

For almost two decades now, there has been one thing that I've placed personal priority on over everything else - offensive line. I don't believe the program will reach conference championship and playoff caliber football until the line is one of the two or three best in the B1G.

Good luck to Tanner this year. Hopefully he can become the best QB in the West.

Really hope POB sticks around. He will probably be needed at some point for important snaps. McKewon has commented that he has improved a ton since last spring/fall.

So is POB now the most popular (fan wise) player on the team? Or Gebbia?

I've said it before and until proven wrong will keep saying it: Nebraska is going to fine at the QB spot regardless of it is Lee, O'Brien, or even Gebbia.

My confidence goes down the further you go down the line (mostly because of experience and Gebbia looking like a HS freshman), but I generally agree with you. This is Nebraska's best set-up at QB in maybe the last 20 years.

One thing I *would* like to see though, is for POB to get meaningful snaps this fall. I've long thought that the #2 (if you have a legit #2) should get at least a series per game. It would bring along the #2 guy much faster. And I think Tanner Lee discussing the defense with Langs on the sideline would help out as well. /jmho

Remember how well that worked out for Cody Green in 2010?

One thing I *would* like to see though, is for POB to get meaningful snaps this fall. I've long thought that the #2 (if you have a legit #2) should get at least a series per game. It would bring along the #2 guy much faster. And I think Tanner Lee discussing the defense with Langs on the sideline would help out as well. /jmho

No. I actually don't remember that. (CG screwed up or something?)

No. I actually don't remember that. (CG screwed up or something?)

I could be wrong remembering this, but it seemed like when we gave Green a series it either started w/in the 10 yard line or he would fumble.

• Fire 1

I really liked what I saw out of the QB's in the Spring Game. All three of them in fact. The RB's look pretty good too. Recruiting is really good right now. More 4 Star players than I can remember although I do not follow it as close as many do. I am as optimistic as I have been for decades about our team. I am not smart enough in football to know if our offensive line is as good as they must be nor our defensive line but I know we have more speed in the corner backs and our receivers are going to be really good. The summer cannot go by fast enough for me.

Really hope POB sticks around. He will probably be needed at some point for important snaps. McKewon has commented that he has improved a ton since last spring/fall.

From everyone I have talked to who actually attended the game, all the buzz is about Gebbia. Everyone I talked to that was there claimed he was the best we have. If we see struggles at the QB position, I have no doubt fans will be hollering about removing the shirt.

From everyone I have talked to who actually attended the game, all the buzz is about Gebbia. Everyone I talked to that was there claimed he was the best we have. If we see struggles at the QB position, I have no doubt fans will be hollering about removing the shirt.

I believe they both take a backseat to Mazzour.

He really has. He looks like a completely different player than last fall. I think a lot of that comes from gaining knowledge and confidence. If he can improve in the summer/fall camp as much as he did from fall, I don't think we'll see much of a drop-off (if any) if POB is needed.

If POB is still here, then those fans who are hollering for Gebbia are clueless.

That's all fine NUance as long as the game dictates that it makes sense. I am NOT for just having a blanket policy that POB will get a series every game no matter what.

Another thing that has been said about all of our quarterbacks that has been overlooked, the ability to make changes to a run play or pass plays before the snap. Not sure how much Tommy was doing that but a quarterback who nearly always knows how to check the offense into the right play is invaluable

Tommy ran a lot of Run Pass Option plays to success last year. That requires making a pre-snap read, and making the correct decision, with 3 possible outcomes (pass, QB run, and RB run). Let's not have revisionist history and make it seem like Tommy couldn't make the right decisions. Where Tommy struggled was physically making the throw on time and accurately.

Tommy's biggest problem was his decision-making. Pre-snap reads aren't the only decision a QB has to make. Not throwing it into triple coverage when you have a wide open receiver somewhere else is one. Knowing it's not an illegal play to throw it out of bounds is another.

• Fire 1