The 2020 Presidential Election - Convention & General Election

12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

I don't see how that's very controversial.  Traditional wartime presidents don't enlist private companies to close churches and disperse protesters.  

Abraham Lincoln did shut down newspapers that criticized him but he is not remembered well for it.

It's not very controversial. That was my point.

You seem to be on another path that involves....private companies shutting down churches?

Not sure what you're trying to do, but it appears that you want to trap liberals who want a federal emergency act to provide respirators into admitting they support dictatorship. Prove me wrong. 

12 hours ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

And how did you infer that from any of my posts :confucius

You just said you don't support a President that thinks he's king and can do whatever the hell he wants.

Trump has said that multiple times over the last 3 years and clearly believes it.

So, supposedly you don't support Trump. Who are you going to vote for?

3 hours ago, BigRedBuster said:

You just said you don't support a President that thinks he's king and can do whatever the hell he wants.

Trump has said that multiple times over the last 3 years and clearly believes it.

So, supposedly you don't support Trump. Who are you going to vote for?

Which of the 44 Presidents did not think they had more power than the Constitution conferred?  

55 minutes ago, BigRedBuster said:

I still vote every time.  But, his comment is true.  Sitting in the middle of Nebraska, my vote for President means nothing.

Doesn't NE split it's electoral votes?  That should make it easier for the minority party to win one. 

• Plus1 1
4 minutes ago, Notre Dame Joe said:

Which of the 44 Presidents did not think they had more power than the Constitution conferred?  

You didn't answer my question.  So, you support a President who thinks he's a King.  And, to answer yours, the vast majority of the Presidents throughout history had a clearly better understanding of how our government works and their limitations.  I find it really interesting that Republicans were OUTRAGED at Obama simply using an executive order.  But, now that King Trump is in office, it's....well....every President does this.

NO...Not every President has acted and done things like Trump.  I have constantly heard his followers proclaim, "well, he's a different kind of President".  Well...you're right.  He is.  So....now you can't come back and say....But....all Presidents do that.

• Plus1 1
1 minute ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't follow this guy on Twitter...this was in an article here:  https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/17/joe-biden-cnn-stumbles-gaffe-interview-trump-fdr-war-production-board/

Is anyone still thinking this is OK and we shouldn't talk about it...that it's just normal?  I mean, even like this he is better than Trump but if he's made to look too bad by Trump, it might shift sentiment of independents.  I'd like to hear what everyone thinks because the above keeps happening.

Now you're posting Don Jr tweets???? Is your political affiliation a circle? I think you went so far left you've ended up right. I'll admit he's lost a step (and he's proven to have foot in your mouth disease his entire political career), but your dedication to taking a 15 second clip and pretending its the whole story is something Hannity would be proud of. What did you think about Biden's suggestion we should have the govt take on part of struggling companies payroll's so people can stay employed? Did you watch last night or is your entire assumption of his cognitive ability from a 20s clip being spammed by right wing twitter accounts. 

• Plus1 3
6 minutes ago, BlitzFirst said:

I don't follow this guy on Twitter...this was in an article here:  https://dailycaller.com/2020/04/17/joe-biden-cnn-stumbles-gaffe-interview-trump-fdr-war-production-board/

Is anyone still thinking this is OK and we shouldn't talk about it...that it's just normal?  I mean, even like this he is better than Trump but if he's made to look too bad by Trump, it might shift sentiment of independents.  I'd like to hear what everyone thinks because the above keeps happening.

lol.....retweeting Don jr.    with about 998% of your total  posts attacking biden AND  you retweeting jr.......forgive me if i start to believe you might be a trumper.   

• Plus1 2

6 minutes ago, FrantzHardySwag said:

Now you're posting Don Jr tweets???? Is your political affiliation a circle? I think you went so far left you've ended up right. I'll admit he's lost a step (and he's proven to have foot in your mouth disease his entire political career), but your dedication to taking a 15 second clip and pretending its the whole story is something Hannity would be proud of. What did you think about Biden's suggestion we should have the govt take on part of struggling companies payroll's so people can stay employed? Did you watch last night or is your entire assumption of his cognitive ability from a 20s clip being spammed by right wing twitter accounts. 

Just now, commando said:

lol.....retweeting Don jr.    with about 998% of your total  posts attacking biden AND  you retweeting jr.......forgive me if i start to believe you might be a trumper.   

The video is from CNN. Unless you're claiming it's been doctored in some way, then I'm not sure why which twitter account posted it matters to the point that's being made.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, commando said:

Not sure if you knew this, but copy/pasting a tweet on Huskerboard is a different thing than retweeting.

There's also the issue of ad hominem which nobody on this board has ever seemed to have heard of before.

• Haha 1
19 minutes ago, RedDenver said:

The video is from CNN. Unless you're claiming it's been doctored in some way, then I'm not sure why which twitter account posted it matters to the point that's being made.

The point is it’s a tiny portion of an entire interview. It’s lazy. It’s like taking Bernies comments on a Fidel and calling him a communist. It’s a lazy f#&%ing narrative for people who get their news from a 20s clip posted on Don Jrs twitter. The fact is Biden has had many many many well thought out answers on many issues over the last week, but those clips aren’t polarizing so we’re not talking about them. 

• Plus1 3