Keyshawn Johnson Jr. Taking Leave of Absence from Huskers

I agree. Never thought I would say that about the guy.

Wow....

"We're all on board with the decision that has been made," Keyshawn Johnson Sr. said. "I look forward to him coming back in January, and hopefully he comes back as a mature young adult. Mike Riley and coach Keith Williams and the staff let him know this is not a big party. I'm full support with Mike Riley and his decisions. I support him 100 percent. One thing you will not do as my son is you will not embarrass Nebraska, you will not embarrass Mike Riley and you will not embarrass this family. If you mature and you're ready to resume your football career and academic goals, then Nebraska will be ready to embrace you ... If he does everything he's supposed to do, he can join the football program again and become successful."

That is cold bloody awesome!

Hopefully some don't feel it is "harsh" of his dad to go public...I think it is a boss move.

• Fire 2

Doesn't sound like Keyshawn pulled his son out, more that Riley sent him home to mature and Sr is on board with that.

Probably somewhere in the middle; I'm imagining Riley having a conversation about his concerns with Junior, and Senior probably took the reigns and pulled him out.

This probably would have been a good move for me when I was 18. I went without being ready and failed miserably. Took me years to overcome that failure. Every guy isn't ready for college at 18. Take some time, get ready, and hit the ground running when you're right in the head.

Good luck KJJ.

• Fire 5

This probably would have been a good move for me when I was 18. I went without being ready and failed miserably. Took me years to overcome that failure. Every guy isn't ready for college at 18. Take some time, get ready, and hit the ground running when you're right in the head.

Good luck KJJ.

Somewhat of a similar story. I can only imagine how much more ill-equipped I'd been if I'd grown up with the kind of wealth, attention, and shadow that he has. Not throwing a pity party for the kid but I can see how he might just not be there yet.