Rimington named Interim AD

9 minutes ago, 4skers89 said:

Improve the walk on program. Any other long term goals that he wants to accomplish in the next 60 days?

I didn't realize it needed improving.  The last couple of years it seems like half our starters have been walk ons or former walkons??

Or was this just red meat to throw out to the "fanbase"

• Plus1 1

40 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Rimington was brought up the afternoon Eichorst was fired, so Green and Bounds probably came up with the agreement last week, and allowed Dave to get all the ducks in a row for 2 months at his current gig.  There are probably some big Esiason Foundatoin fundraisers that he will miss, but he had a few days to get things set up with his #2 guy there before flying to Nebraska yesterday and working out the final details with NU last night/this morning.

It's very Husker of him. Makes me smile that one of own will come back home to help out. 

1 hour ago, krc1995 said:

Probably but part of me thinks the decision about Riley has already been made and maybe the new guy takes the job to find a coach and not to evaluate if we need another coach. It's like spring time for the permanent AD. 

Unless Riley falls on his face this year, he will be here next year.  I think the Friday night games, Minnesota becoming our Thanksgiving game & the extension given to RIley were the reasons for the firing.  Recruiting has been good and I think he has one more year to prove he can win with these guys.  Would not be surprised to see Cavanugh fired at the end of the year.

1 minute ago, krc1995 said:

It's very Husker of him. Makes me smile that one of own will come back home to help out. 

I liked the part of when Dave was to meet with Green and Bounds.  Dave was at their office about 15-30 minutes early, because that's what Nebraskans do, show up early for things.  It made me smile because I always try to be early to appointments or meetings, and one of my biggest pet peeves is people who are late.

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I liked the part of when Dave was to meet with Green and Bounds.  Dave was at their office about 15-30 minutes early, because that's what Nebraskans do, show up early for things.  It made me smile because I always try to be early to appointments or meetings, and one of my biggest pet peeves is people who are late.

My grandpa taught me  "If you aren't 10 minute early, you are late."

• Plus1 3

6 minutes ago, soup said:

I didn't realize it needed improving.  The last couple of years it seems like half our starters have been walk ons or former walkons??

Or was this just red meat to throw out to the "fanbase"

Yea, that makes it seem even odder. Long term goal for someone that will only be in the job 60 days is to improve something that doesn't appear that bad. Your red meat theory is more like processed dead cow and doesn't work for me.  Obviously he said it to throw us off the scent of something that needs his immediate attention.