Who's worth keeping?

I think you almost have to do whatever you can to keep Diaco. His unit seems to be playing a lot better with several key components missing. Say what you will about the competition level they've faced, but, it's better than the alternative. Going back to the 4-3 would be a significant challenge plus, if a coach wanted to keep the 3-4, Diaco is one of the best coaches out there to teach it.

1. Keith Williams - Recruiting a WR isn't an easy task at Nebraska. He has gotten JD Spielman who shows major promise. He then hauled in three 4* WRs in one class (Lindsey 9th rated WR in the nation). Also has a few on deck for 18' with Moore a top 150 player committed already. 
  2. Donte Williams - Also a great recruiter. Came in late 16' and still pulled 7th overall CB in the nation in Blades who unfortunately didn't make it to campus. Has picked up Bookie the 4th overall CB in the nation, along with two top 10 ATH in Chase Williams and Goodrich. 
  3. John Parrella - I think he has snagged a few guys that could turn out to be gems. Also nice to have at least one alum coach who had a long NFL career. Deontre Thomas, Guy Thomas, and Damion Williams could be a force going forward. 

• Plus1 9
27 minutes ago, BIG ERN said:
  1. Keith Williams - Recruiting a WR isn't an easy task at Nebraska. He has gotten JD Spielman who shows major promise. He then hauled in three 4* WRs in one class (Lindsey 9th rated WR in the nation). Also has a few on deck for 18' with Moore a top 150 player committed already. 
  2. Donte Williams - Also a great recruiter. Came in late 16' and still pulled 7th overall CB in the nation in Blades who unfortunately didn't make it to campus. Has picked up Bookie the 4th overall CB in the nation, along with two top 10 ATH in Chase Williams and Goodrich. 
  3. John Parrella - I think he has snagged a few guys that could turn out to be gems. Also nice to have at least one alum coach who had a long NFL career. Deontre Thomas, Guy Thomas, and Damion Williams could be a force going forward. 

This. 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Diaco, pending how the D shapes up this year. I could see this year's D making some strides. He has no previous MR ties that I'm aware of, and is probably as good of a DC as one would find. 

1 hour ago, Fru said:

This. 

I wouldn't be opposed to keeping Diaco, pending how the D shapes up this year. I could see this year's D making some strides. He has no previous MR ties that I'm aware of, and is probably as good of a DC as one would find. 

Hopefully if we get a different coach we tell him to let loose on blitzes!

2 hours ago, gorp512 said:

When was the last time a coach was hired and he kept a major coordinator or multiple coaches? 

Well it actually happens more than you think.  Bud Foster at VaTech comes to mind.  It is not uncommon to keep position coaches.  Luke Fickle stayed on at OSU as the DC when Urban took over. 

Keeping coaches on NFL teams when the HC changes is quite common.