** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

54 minutes ago, secretasianman said:

This whole thread belongs in Rumorville

At this point it's becoming its own sub-forum. Moving it is a bad idea, though. The entire purpose of it becoming a mega-thread was to act as a catch all for SF topics to prevent the board from becoming a cluster of SF topics. Moving this makes it increasingly less visible, and therefore increasingly less likely to fulfill its purpose.

• Plus1 2
13 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

This is what I’ve been thinking as this discussion continues. I think it’s a done deal and it may have happened when TO went down to speak to Frosts’ team. I think Mike Riley was brought to Nebraska to help us all calm the heck down. His demeanor helped to heal all the angst that was left after Bo was fired. I think he was only going to coach until Scott had some head coaching experience under his belt then Riley would retire and Scott would come home. That’s my take and I’m sticking with it. 

I just dont see this being a possibility.  If that was the point then eincorst didnt need to be shown the door if that was the long term plan.  I do think Riley was brought here to calm things down but i just cant see us hiring a guy for only a few years.  And if that was the case then why a contract extension, it just seems like a waste of money.  And if they want to waste some money they could always just give it to me.  I sure could use a new car.

On 10/26/2017 at 11:19 AM, Mavric said:

At the top-right of the thread list, you can choose to sort by several things including Most Replies.  In the Football Forum, the Stadium Expansion thread leads the way with 2791 replies (54 pages).  The Sock Puppet Rides! is third with 2651 replies.  This thread is currently 15th with 1987 replies.  The rest of the Top 40 are all game threads.

Update: 

This thread has overtaken the Sock as the #3 thread in HuskerBoard Football history.

On it's way to #1.

• Plus1 1

28 minutes ago, MacNCheeze said:

I just dont see this being a possibility.  If that was the point then eincorst didnt need to be shown the door if that was the long term plan.  I do think Riley was brought here to calm things down but i just cant see us hiring a guy for only a few years.  And if that was the case then why a contract extension, it just seems like a waste of money.  And if they want to waste some money they could always just give it to me.  I sure could use a new car.

Well, now that I think about it, my thoughts have gaping holes. But it does make for a nice conspiracy theory. 1/3 ain't bad. If I win the lottery this week I'll buy you a car! 

I think ladyhawke may be on to something in regards to Tom’s visit to UCF, but I don’t think it would’ve been an official offer or anything like that.

“Hey Mr. Moos welcome to Nebraska, listen the day after Iowa you’re going to fire Riley and hire Scott Frost, ok thanks!”

I can imagine something to the effect of “Scott, you’ve done great things down here, you think it might be time to come home?” Then Tom tells Bounds/Green/Moos his response.

• Plus1 1

There have been too many conflicting reports from people you would expect would know their stuff, and from people who say they have legitimate sources but can't (naturally) reveal them.

It's all very fun and exciting to take part in the fantasy, but to actually put stock in any of it is setting yourself up for disappointment. Those of you who were around during the initial emergence of the sock puppet should remember that.

• Plus1 1
2 hours ago, gobiggergoredder said:

It'd be suicide for the Moos to make the comments that he did and not make a serious run at Frost.

you realize moos gets paid no matter what. that's why the AD position is so dumb. moos can go do whatever the hell he wants then get a big fat buyout like eichorst did.

it's up to the board to fork over money and go get frost. moos is simply the guy that makes contact with his reps.

Edited by huskerfan69

2 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

you realize moos gets paid no matter what. that's why the AD position is so dumb. moos can go do whatever the hell he wants then get a big fat buyout like eichorst did.

it's up to the board to fork over money and go get frost. moos is simply the guy that makes contact with his reps.

Ummm.....no. 

4 minutes ago, huskerfan69 said:

What the hell are you talking about?

• Plus1 1
10 minutes ago, bisonwiches said:

I think ladyhawke may be on to something in regards to Tom’s visit to UCF, but I don’t think it would’ve been an official offer or anything like that.

“Hey Mr. Moos welcome to Nebraska, listen the day after Iowa you’re going to fire Riley and hire Scott Frost, ok thanks!”

I can imagine something to the effect of “Scott, you’ve done great things down here, you think it might be time to come home?” Then Tom tells Bounds/Green/Moos his response.

Frost invited Osborne to speak at a UCF function.  There’s videos of it on YouTube.  

Osborne understands commitment and continuity more than anyone and it doesn’t seem to be in his nature to try and sway Frost from his current commitments to UCF.  There’s nothing to read into about Osborne’s visit.

• Plus1 1