** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, Husker4ever319 said:

Scott Frost is a smart guy. If he is to leave for a P5 conference, his best option is Nebraska, his alma mater, because he knows that the fans will be patient and will appreciate the team playing hard and competing more so than an immediate conference championship. He will have an entire state supporting him like they did with Osborne. 

OR he remembers a fan base that turned on him once and shutters at being the “failed pariah” as the home state guy if results stay the same.

just devils advocate, I’d love for him to come back but......let’s just see something in writing with an official letterhead

3 minutes ago, Hayseed said:

You have to wonder if Tennessee is second guessing on Schiano with the mutiny going on.

They aren't that smart.

If they were, could they do anything?

Imagine if they fired him the first day and had to pay that buyout. If 90% of the fans hate this hire, how did they get the boosters to be ok with it?

4 minutes ago, knapplc said:

Of course Damon wants to crap all over anything he can.  Sure, it's most likely fake, but Damon has always given me the feeling he is a bitter about Nebraska ever being successful again.  I swear, I really do believe if it was up to him Riley would be our coach next year.  He's an a$$ in my opinion.  The guy just rubs me the wrong way.  

Edited by 614Husker
  • Plus1 1
Just now, PaulCrewe said:

OR he remembers a fan base that turned on him once and shutters at being the “failed pariah” as the home state guy if results stay the same.

just devils advocate, I’d love for him to come back but......let’s just see something in writing with an official letterhead

That probably gets a lot easier to take when you've got a few million dollars in the bank.  And it probably heals a lot of old wounds to see that same fan base clamor for your return, to the point where red-clad fans go to your current school's home games to encourage you to "come home." 

I get what you're saying. I just think he'll be OK with it now.

• Plus1 1
Just now, Mavric said:

NU wanted to have a deal agreed to by Tuesday.  Frost hadn't committed so on Wednesday NU started working on Fuente harder - and there was mutual interest there.  However, it was agreed to give Frost until Saturday.  

NU struck a tentative deal with Frost on Friday, though still working out some details - salary pool for assistants, etc.  Frost has turned away all other suitors - Florida, Tennessee, etc.

Since it's only a tentative deal, he could technically still choose to remain at Central Florida but, barring a dramatic change-of-heart on Frost's part - everything is set to go.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23850-1428881913-22

• Plus1 1

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That probably gets a lot easier to take when you've got a few million dollars in the bank.  And it probably heals a lot of old wounds to see that same fan base clamor for your return, to the point where red-clad fans go to your current school's home games to encourage you to "come home." 

I get what you're saying. I just think he'll be OK with it now.

I know what your cooking pineapple, but there are/were many things that make/made this anything from a slam dunk.

4 minutes ago, 614Husker said:

Of course Damon wants to crap all over anything he can.  Sure, it's most likely fake, but Damon has always given me the feeling he is a bitter about Nebraska ever being successful again.  I swear, I really do believe if it was up to him Riley would be our coach next year.  He's an a$$ in my opinion.  The guy just rubs me the wrong way.  

Do you honestly think Tom Osborne would call Frost and say "Time to come home".  That sounds like the least Tom Osborne thing ever.

• Plus1 1