brophog

1 minute ago, dudeguyy said:

My list has always looked like this.

1. Frost
  2. Fuente
  3. Campbell
  4. Bielema
  5. Jim Tressel (Sock YOLO!)

Which everyone has already mentioned. The top 3 guys are rising stars in college football, and if you can snag someone like that when they're young, you do it. Frosty is obviously head and shoulders above the rest. Fuente has a longer track record than Campbell does.

I was super averse to Bielema at first. I've always kind of disliked that guy for putting so many whoopings on us. But I thought he handled his dismissal with class and he knows how to win in the Big 10, without a doubt. He's old, but he's not a bad fallback. At least it would please Run the Ball guy.

I’m with you on Bielma. Yeah he isn’t in my top 3 of the realistic choices, but I don’t think he would be a disaster either. The other name I would like that would throw people here onto collective epilepsy is Kiffin. I think the guy can coach and he brings a ton of energy and can recruit as well. 

34 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Here’s something to increase our pages:

shoukd Scott Frost have full control of who he chooses for his staff without any input from his AD?  My answer would be absolutely. But there has been a mini-outcry from some of our current players on social media that want certain coaches to stay. What do you all think?

Full control.  But, as cagey and experienced as Bill Moos is, I can see him suggesting that Scott consider a few things.  "It's all your call Scott, but based on my experience overall, and my time here the last two months, you might consider xyz".  Be a trusted advisor, like TO, but not a "do what I say" twit like Eichhorst apparently was.  And, if I were Scott, I'd listen.  He does have a lot on his plate right away when he says yes.

• Plus1 4
4 minutes ago, Horace said:

Possibly, but if I'm Frost I want full control. Just like Devaney evaluating players. I'm in the opinion that he needs to go. If I'm the coach i choose and evaluate my own players and staff.

Frost isn't going to do everything himself, he will need help. Again in no way would Moos influence the final decision, but he likely has more connections than Frost does, why not use those resources to the fullest if you are Scott Frost? Moos is a resource that I would definitely draw upon when trying to build a staff. 

Edited by Nebfanatic
1 minute ago, Nebfanatic said:

Frost isn't going to do everything himself, he will need help. Again in no way would Moos influence the final decision, but he likely has more connections than Frost does, why not use those resources to the fullest of you are Scott Frost. Moos is a resource that I would definitely draw upon when trying to build a staff. 

Sure. I get that,  Moos can have a say, but in no means have a final say or any influence in a decision. We see where that seems to have got us.

• Plus1 1

4 minutes ago, olddominionhusker said:

Well the fact is that Frost has had an extension in front of him for a while now. If the plan was to stay why not sign it and all of this stuff goes away. The media, the fan angst and speculation poof gone. Then they really would only be being asked about Memphis. 

Sounds like a guy who has been offered to take over as head coach after frost leaves 

19 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Coach speak i presume?

He's not nearly as good at it as Frosty.

12 minutes ago, BIGREDIOWAN said:

Yeah well, for more money and better opportunity at a big time program I'm guessing he can give up the "Orlando Great" talk. ;)

Also, Orlando isn't even that great.

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
2 minutes ago, RedNebraskan said:

Is he the main candidate then when Frost goes?

Idk who the top candidate is, but I didn't think their fans would be happy with him.... With as much money as they've raised to try to keep Frost, they can afford to hop after someone with a better resume.

They could easily go after someone like Helfrich who would just be able to continue Frosts system for the most part. Or anyone like that.... They better go get the best G5 coach for next season, not an total unknown.

24 minutes ago, Horace said:

Possibly, but if I'm Frost I want full control. Just like Devaney evaluating players. I'm in the opinion that he needs to go. If I'm the coach i choose and evaluate my own players and staff.

He will get full control, but I have to believe that he (or anyone in his position) is wise enough to solicit opinions and counsel of others in order to make a quality decision