** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

4 minutes ago, Jeremy said:

I can see that. However, I think it's obvious that Kelly is a realistic option for Gainesville, but not for Lincoln. So, why wouldn't the Gators make Chip their number one target? Again, no offense to Scott, but I think overall, Chip is higher on the coaching totem poll given his experience, and whatnot.

Because Scott has shown he can win in Florida and recruit the area well. Chip is an unknown in this regard. His brand of football is also more finesse, in a physical conference that may not go well against the likes of Georgia. It didn't in their title game against auburn. Scott's style is more physical so more like Urban Meyer. Thus their interest

Edited by husker98

2 minutes ago, Hilltop said:

ESPNU Talk Radio said that Florida was willing to pay up to 10M per year...  Leads me to believe they are after a really big fish.  I have no idea how they would know that but they discussed it like it was fact. 

Sheesh, I don't know if we would match or beat that. Hopefully those are numbers they threw at Kelly.

4 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So either there is alot of smoke screens going out. Or no one knows jack. Everyone was positive Chip was a done deal- now it seems unsure with recent reports. So does that make anyone else question how "sure" some people are frost is done deal to nebraska. Jessica are you still 100% frost is done?

I see nothing to think Chip is not signing with  UF.  If nothing breaks by an  accredited media source by late Friday afternoon I will wonder what is up. I have been saying Frost to UNL since day 1.

1 minute ago, Jeremy said:

Sheesh, I don't know if we would match or beat that. Hopefully those are numbers they threw at Kelly.

I wonder if Kelly's agent has let it known that he won't come back to coaching, unless he is getting huge $.  Kelly is still being paid from the 49ers $6 million per year through 2019.  He can work for ESPN on a part-time basis and still rake in the dough.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-chip-kelly-could-make-millions-from-three-different-nfl-teams-in-2017/

• Plus1 1

14 minutes ago, husker98 said:

Because Scott has shown he can win in Florida and recruit the area well. Chip is an unknown in this regard. His brand of football is also more finesse, in a physical conference that may not go well against the likes of Georgia. It didn't in their title game against auburn. Scott's style is more physical so more like Urban Meyer. This their interest

I have to disagree here. I fully believe if Oregon wouldn't have thought the Auburn RB was down when he actually landed on the an Oregon defender and they would have finished the tackle, Auburn wouldn't have been able to be in position to kick the game winning field goal. It was a low scoring game even though both teams had a bunch of yards. I think Kelly and his style of offense could be successful. If you remember Nick Saban absolutely hates Kelly's style of fast paced offense and it's because it is extremely hard to stop!

Edited by Husker from Kansas
  • Plus1 1
3 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I wonder if Kelly's agent has let it known that he won't come back to coaching, unless he is getting huge $.  Kelly is still being paid from the 49ers $6 million per year through 2019.  He can work for ESPN on a part-time basis and still rake in the dough.

https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/heres-how-chip-kelly-could-make-millions-from-three-different-nfl-teams-in-2017/

Do they have the stipulation that his next coaching salary is deducted from the buyout?

If so, it makes sense that he would want 10+ or he's basically coaching for fun.

1 hour ago, ScottyIce said:

There would be no point for "her" to create a new account to do what she is doing.

I actually believe her when she says she is gone after the coach search.. sort of like "thesock" lol

The point?  How would I know?  

You think the sock was not a regular HB poster?  How is Jessica any different than the sock?

I just made an observation.  It looks like several agree with me.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Huskers93-97 said:

So either there is alot of smoke screens going out. Or no one knows jack

It's the latter.

Schools are large businesses, and they're making multi-million dollar investments in these coaches. The people who make these decisions are entrusted to responsibly take care of that money. If they were to be so loose-lipped that the average Joe on the Street can know the inner workings of the hiring process, they would be fired.  That goes for anyone on their staff entrusted with actual knowledge of the situation. 

No guy on a message board, no journalist - and ESPECIALLY no journalist who isn't a local beat writer (like Dan Wolken, Andy Staples, Brett McMurphy, etc) - knows which coaches have been approached, what the negotiations are like, who is being added to or crossed off a list. 

All of that is fantasy. It's speculation intended to entertain.  People on message boards claim to be "insiders" because they get off on pretending to be important.  Journalists create candidate lists out of what they think the fans want to see or purely out of their own imagination because their job is to get you to read their article.  They don't know anything. 

The next time you hear someone prattling on about having inside information, remember the days between when Bo was fired and Riley was hired.  Remember all the lists, all the speculation, all the insiders telling us who was on Eichorst's list, who was being talked to, bap bap bap. 

And then remember that not one insider so much as mentioned Mike Riley's name. 

• Plus1 6