** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

Just now, VectorVictor said:

Also, let's just remember that even if Florida offered Frost $8 million/year, that 

a) doesn't mean Frost accepted it

b) that the offer doesn't come with stipulations that Frost may not agree to (remember--Florida supposedly had concerns about Frost wanting to bring/use his own staff)

c) that a large sum offer late in the game reeks of desperation

Yes and also it won't guarantee stability.

Some "humor" from Mandel's mailbag:

More overrated: the Nebraska job or Pumpkin Pie?

Barrie Jones, Scotland, UK

How dare you, sir.

Pumpkin pie is not the Nebraska job, with all its bells and whistles but nothing worth digging into for at least the past 15 years. Pumpkin pie is consistently pleasing year after year, like seeing USC and UCLA both wearing their traditional home uniforms when they face each other.

But seeing as you’re writing from across the pond, I suppose you’re going to try to convince me a Scotch pie is the Florida job of pies, when in fact, you know … it’s mutton.

• Plus1 2
11 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

I am at the other end of the spectrum. I find Damon to be articulate, intelligent regarding his subject matter and interesting. I thought the segment on Bug Red Wrap Up when Damon and Jason Peter were in was the best one of the season. 

I like Damon (and I certainly don't think he's dumb), but as another stated, look beyond the colorful commentary and he's nowhere near as enlightening/intelligent as he'd like to lead us to believe..... Reminds me of a certain member of this board to be honest:lol:

Edited by B.B. Hemingway
  • Plus1 1

2 minutes ago, LaneKiffenGBR said:

I know. I appreciate his insight from time to time, but he just comes off as someone who hasn't moved past a certain point in their life. 

I can see that.  He is an improvement over Jason Peter.  I like Jason but he's like whiskey.  A little bit will do you and too much makes you sick.  

25 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

For those of you that might be worried about the Lars Anderson tweet saying Florida will go all in on Frost. Hopefully the image below will put this guy (Lars) into context for you. 

Do you really think Bielema would be acceptable to Moos, Green, Bounds or anyone on the BOR?

Screen Shot 2017-11-22 at 10.01.32 AM.png

tenor.gif?itemid=4111969

• Plus1 3

Another gem:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/11/ten-coaching-carousel-predictions-jimbo-fisher-florida-state-tennessee-lane-kiffin-chip-kelly-ucla

Tennessee: Scott Frost

Tennessee is the X-factor job opening. It needs to make a splash, and it needs to do something to show the base that it’s in the mix for the big-name guys, but it’s not going to get Jon Gruden or Chip Kelly.

Frost is the young superstar with the great offense and the talent to be the really, really next big thing for a program that needs more of a rebuild than it might seem. But he’s off to Nebraska, right? Ehhhhhhh, that might not be quite the gig Tennessee is now, and the Vols are going to work fast. If Frost doesn’t go to Lincoln, that means …

Nebraska: Mike Leach

New athletic director Bill Moos comes in from Washington State, where he had a great relationship with Leach. Here’s the problem at Nebraska that gets lost – the program has to recruit to a type. It’ll get talent to come there, but not at the level of an Ohio State or a Michigan.

Leach might be the shock-to-the-system hire, but the Huskers need someone who can butt heads with the Big Ten big boys, and they need him now. And they have to be interesting. If Leach leaves, that means …

In all fairness to Fiutak, he's not claiming to have any insider info. I think this is more like his wish list.

4 minutes ago, cheekygeek said:

For those concerned about the $8M figure being tossed about by Florida, let me remind you:
http://www.orlandosentinel.com/sports/ucf-knights/os-sp-ucf-scott-frost-oregon-mike-bianchi-1202-20161201-column.html

Money is part of the equation, but it is not the answer to the test.

Take a look at this quote--SF hasn't said as much this time around and he has them at the top of their league now. 

"I'm not a candidate for Oregon," Frost told reporters Thursday before the San Francisco 49ers and his former Oregon mentor – Niners coach Chip Kelly – practiced on the UCF campus. "I'm happy right here. This is where I want to be. I started something here, and I feel like we've taken a lot of steps to get this program to the top of our league. I want to see that through. I'm really happy here and have no intention of leaving anytime soon.

Edited by Herbie95

23 minutes ago, epocSoN said:

Real talk, if we miss on Frost and hire Brett F'ing Beilema I will never watch another Husker game.  Not an ounce of hyperbole in this statement.  I've ben a Husker since birth but I'm out if that jackwagon steps foot on campus.

Frost is :bigredn:. If you go back a few pages you'll see the announcement that Hedley made last night. :D

19 minutes ago, B.B. Hemingway said:

I like Damon (and I certainly don't think he's dumb), but as another stated, look beyond the colorful commentary and he's nowhere near as enlightening/intelligent as he'd like to lead us to believe..... Reminds me of a certain member of this board to be honest:lol:

Well I hope you don't mean me! I'm a beginner when it comes to football. I do like to watch it though and I've learned a lot through the years.