** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

2 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

The Dan Lebatard show is saying Chip wants two weeks to decide his next head coaching job, so Florida will turn their attention to Scott Frost. 

It's great that Chip told them that.  I appreciate how open he's being about his job search with Dan LeBatard. 

• Plus1 2
Just now, Ziebol the Red said:

Side bar: How do you like your Traeger? I’m thinking of pulling the trigger and getting one.

I love it got mine 2 years ago.  Never knew what they were till I moved to Oregon but they have been big deal here for a long time and I have not heard complaints.  I did have an Easter fail as as is was smoking a ham and it was very very windy and a bit cold the grill could not hold the heat.  (You can get insulating blankets but I don't have one.)  Cold temp only would have been ok but toss in the wind and at was a problem. Perhaps more info then you wanted but bottom line is I love it.

2 minutes ago, knapplc said:

It's great that Chip told them that.  I appreciate how open he's being about his job search with Dan LeBatard. 

I must be spending too much time on the Politics board--I initially read "LeBatard" as "Libitard". :facepalm:

Edited by VectorVictor
  • Plus1 1

I just listened to the Sharp & Benning segment with Foreman.  I think people are reading WAY TOO MUCH into things if people think that Foreman and Benning don't want Frost to come to NU because they are still mad about the LP saga.  Yes, they made comments to how things were 20 years ago, but both of them said "Frost is probably the best candidate for the NU job, and we would support him 100% as the coach of our alma mater and the team we played for.  If there are still hard personal feelings over things that happened 20 years ago, I am sure it would be resolved very quickly."

When there are teams of 150+ players, there are going to be cliques on the team, and some guys are going to be friends, and some aren't.  Most players are going to be friends with guys in their recruiting class, and their position group.  Guys on offense and defense may hardly know each other.  Foreman basically said that he didn't know Frost very much during their time at NU.  I have heard Benning say that they used to hang out quite a bit, Benning was caught in the middle because he wanted to support LP, but he knew what LP did was very wrong.  Benning also said that I can only judge people on how they have treated me, and Benning said that Frost has treated him very well.

I understand that people may not like Benning and how he does things on the radio.  But, I think people are reading way too much into things on Benning's opinion on whether he wants Frost to come back to NU.  I think Benning wants what is best for NU, and I think he wants Frost to come back.  I think Benning worries about Frost failing and burning bridges at his alma mater.  Benning has experience with this when he failed as the head coach of the Northwest football team, which was his alma mater.

If you want to judge for yourself, here is the segment from today.  http://www.1620thezone.com/SharpandBenningPodcastPage.aspx

Edited by ColoradoHusk
  • Plus1 9
6 minutes ago, Packerhuskerfan said:

The Dan Lebatard show is saying Chip wants two weeks to decide his next head coaching job, so Florida will turn their attention to Scott Frost. 

I see the name Dan Lebatard I immediately know there is no credibility.

• Plus1 1
7 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

If Frost has a better offer from the place he wants to go, then yes, he absolutely turns them down. Every sign points to Florida pursuing Frost, him telling them he had a better offer from a place he prefers and Florida then moving on to Kelly. Why is that so hard to understand. Can Florida come back with a new offer if they don't land Kelly? Sure.

Then he asked for more money from Nebraska after turning away the only other job pursuing him? Is that timeline correct?

I fully believe that he will be our coach, and I believe our well respected poster that a deal is done now unless something changes or Frost goes back on his word. But Frost (or his agent) turning down job offers weeks ago? It’s like someone said, Moos would have been crazy to put every single egg in the Frost basket and Frost would have been crazy to put every single egg in the Nebraska basket. 

Nebraska can be Frost’s dream job AND Frost can want to get what the market would pay him. Those don’t have to be exclusive.

Edited by Caliborn72

2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I just listened to the Sharp & Benning segment with Foreman.  I think people are reading WAY TOO MUCH into things if people think that Foreman and Benning don't want Frost to come to NU because they are still mad about the LP saga.  Yes, they made comments to how things were 20 years ago, but both of them said "Frost is probably the best candidate for the NU job, and we would support him 100% as the coach of our alma mater and the team we played for.  If there are still hard personal feelings over things that happened 20 years ago, I am sure it would be resolved very quickly."

When there are teams of 150+ players, there are going to be cliques on the team, and some guys are going to be friends, and some aren't.  Most players are going to be friends with guys in their recruiting class, and their position group.  Guys on offense and defense may hardly know each other.  Foreman basically said that he didn't know Frost very much during their time at NU.  I have heard Benning say that they used to hang out quite a bit, Benning was caught in the middle because he wanted to support LP, but he knew what LP did was very wrong.  Benning also said that I can only judge people on how they have treated me, and Benning said that Frost has treated him very well.

I understand that people may not like Benning and how he does things on the radio.  But, I think people are reading way too much into things on Benning's opinion on whether he wants Frost to come back to NU.  I think Benning wants what is best for NU, and I think he wants Frost to come back.  I think Benning worries about Frost failing and burning bridges at his alma mater.  Benning has experience with this when he failed as the head coach of the Northwest football team, which was his alma mater.

If you want to judge for yourself, here is the segment from today.  http://www.1620thezone.com/SharpandBenningPodcastPage.aspx

Good to see that it wasn't as initially reported. I would be very disappointed with any of our former players if they characterized it as initially discussed here.

Still, I don't think they should be bringing that night up anymore. It's ancient history, Lawrence Phillips has passed away, and all his troubles are beyond him. Let's leave them where they belong - in the past. 

• Plus1 2
2 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

Agreed on the foreman interview.  There's obviously some bad blood between some former players and I think that is the impetus for him saying that frost needs to address the L.P. issue. It would be for former players,  not the fans. 

9 minutes ago, mnhusker said:

I love it got mine 2 years ago.  Never knew what they were till I moved to Oregon but they have been big deal here for a long time and I have not heard complaints.  I did have an Easter fail as as is was smoking a ham and it was very very windy and a bit cold the grill could not hold the heat.  (You can get insulating blankets but I don't have one.)  Cold temp only would have been ok but toss in the wind and at was a problem. Perhaps more info then you wanted but bottom line is I love it.

giphy.gif

Edited by cheekygeek
I broke the HuskerBoard
  • Plus1 1