** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

3 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

You can do that and it will show the file? When I try to insert all I see is link

yesjacknicholson.gif

Insert other media -> insert image from url

I just posted Jack here that way.  Find what you want, right click, or hold on mobile, and say open image in new tab. Take url from that new tab.

Edited by runningblind
  • Plus1 1
2 minutes ago, LaFlamaBlanca said:

You can do that and it will show the file? When I try to insert all I see is link

Just sign up for a free account at an image hosting site. I use Imgur.  Then all you do is find a pic/gif you want to use, paste the URL of the image into Imgur's window, it gives you the proper code for a message board, and you paste that into your post here.  It takes five seconds.

If the site you took the picture/gif from deletes it, it's deleted from HuskerBoard. By hosting the image at Imgur it's yours, and it will never be deleted from your post.

• Plus1 2

49 minutes ago, HANC said:

I am a Benning fan, but sometimes I think he tries way tooooo hard to show that he is knowledgable.  I think when he speaks on football, he intentionally uses terms and phrases that show he has remarkable insight, but he forgets that 95% of his audience aren't football coaches and maybe don't understand a lot of what he is saying.  I am even a football coach of over 20 years and he loses me now and again.  Don't try so hard Damon !

Sometimes I even agree/like/ or find his perspective interesting. And then he jumps on his soapbox and I have no idea what his point is other to hear himself talk. I cringe. And the Benning jargon has to be the most irritating crap I’ve ever listened to. “You reap what you sow” “ at the end of the day”  “the narrative is...”. And so much more. :bang

54 minutes ago, hskrpwr13 said:

Another gem:

http://collegefootballnews.com/2017/11/ten-coaching-carousel-predictions-jimbo-fisher-florida-state-tennessee-lane-kiffin-chip-kelly-ucla

In all fairness to Fiutak, he's not claiming to have any insider info. I think this is more like his wish list.

Fiutak doesn't deserve one iota of fairness--he's put out rather strong anti-Nebraska and trolling articles for some time now. I'd sooner ask Barry Alvarez for his opinion on who we should hire...and we sure as f*** know how that went the last time we asked. 

Edited by VectorVictor

Playing catchup here. My thoughts on benning is that pretty much everyone thinks, wishes, believes or has insider info that Frost is N. So lets assume 99.9% of all people are correct. We need to unify the fanbase. Why bring up crap from 20 years ago that no one gives a crap about. He was a college kid dating or hooking up with a chick. WHO CARES. So if we need to unify the fan base dont try to be divisive over s#!t no one cares about. 

Frost is N- so I pay no attention to all the crap articles out there. Just put your seatbelts on ladies and gentlemen because until it is officially announced this upcoming monday or the following monday depending on how frost does there is going to be 100 articles from every media outlet around the country discussing scott frost and assumed offers and dollar amounts. All of which mean nothing- Frost is N. How much do we pay frost may change between now and then- but it doesnt change the outcome.

I roll with Hedley on this- everything he has said lines up with a few sources I know.

• Plus1 5
11 minutes ago, runningblind said:

But was his first call to Frost, and are you making calls if Frost is already N???

Hmmmmmmm :dunno:snacks:

Fair question but I don’t really see any timetable for the statement in the article. Kelly might have turned us down weeks ago.

It does make it seriously hard to believe that Frost told Florida no weeks ago though like has been rumored. That’s not how any of this works. You pursue coaches and coaches pursue jobs until things are figured out. There’s no way Frost or his agent was turning away offers. I think it’s more likely that Florida decided to pursue Kelly over Frost, and that’s why talks halted.