** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 minute ago, ladyhawke said:

Why are they still bringing that crap up? It's as bad as the 'booing' episode.  Scott has dealt with all of that (2012 interview). People, especially the media, need to let that stale news go!  Scott has nothing to apologize for.  So sad that they are still bringing this crap up! They were in college for crying out loud! 

So it is as stupid as I suspect then.  Matt Vrzal also alluded to unresolved issues earlier this week on the radio.  I mean Matt was the back up center in 1995 and 1996 so we are suppose to care what he thinks.  

• Plus1 1
9 minutes ago, Herbie95 said:

Okay I need the collective knowledge of this board to fill me in on details I am missing.  If need be I will start a new topic after the Frost hire.  Jay Foreman was just on Sharp and Benning.  Both Jay and Damon were dancing around the topic and discussing the "complicated" past of SF and LP.  Jay almost expects SF to address the topic and apologize once he is hired.  What's so complicated about it?  SF was dating LP's former girlfriend.  LP went crazy and broke into SF's apartment and drug her down the stairs.  The story about hiding in the closet is not substantiated in the police report or court transcript.  What would SF now a 42 year old man need to apologize now for given he wasn't really wrong and he was 20 years old at the time. What am I missing?? 

I heard this and was dumbfounded why Foreman would even think this is a topic at all.  This was over 20 years ago when Frost was a teenager and he wasn't the one that did anything wrong.

You address it only if it's brought up by an idiotic reporter.  If that happens, you give an answer that is short and sweet and to the point...then move on.  Other than that, you leave it in the past.

• Plus1 3
10 minutes ago, Herbie95 said:

Okay I need the collective knowledge of this board to fill me in on details I am missing.  If need be I will start a new topic after the Frost hire.  Jay Foreman was just on Sharp and Benning.  Both Jay and Damon were dancing around the topic and discussing the "complicated" past of SF and LP.  Jay almost expects SF to address the topic and apologize once he is hired.  What's so complicated about it?  SF was dating LP's former girlfriend.  LP went crazy and broke into SF's apartment and drug her down the stairs.  The story about hiding in the closet is not substantiated in the police report or court transcript.  What would SF now a 42 year old man need to apologize now for given he wasn't really wrong and he was 20 years old at the time. What am I missing?? 

That's embarrassing on DB & Jay Moore's part if that's how it actually came out.  There is ZERO reason to rehash that crap.  It wasn't worth talking about 20 years ago when Frost took over the team, and it isn't worth talking about now. 

I'll actually have to listen to that podcast. I have a hard time believing they really think that episode is relevant today. 

• Plus1 4

Just now, BigRedBuster said:

I heard this and was dumbfounded why Foreman would even think this is a topic at all.  This was over 20 years ago when Frost was a teenager and he wasn't the one that did anything wrong.

You address it only if it's brought up by an idiotic reporter.  If that happens, you give an answer that is short and sweet and to the point...then move on.  Other than that, you leave it in the past.

I sure hope no one asks Frost stupid questions on his first day.  Those reporters need to be smarter than that.

• Plus1 2
6 minutes ago, ladyhawke said:

Why are they still bringing that crap up? It's as bad as the 'booing' episode.  Scott has dealt with all of that (2012 interview). People, especially the media, need to let that stale news go!  Scott has nothing to apologize for.  So sad that they are still bringing this crap up! They were in college for crying out loud! 

+1 and roger that. It's a stupid discussion that's ancient history. Time to move on.

Edited by Husker John
  • Plus1 4
1 minute ago, BigRedBuster said:

But we have all of these former players on the radio and in the media blabbing all the time.  It's these guys who can't let it go.  

• Plus1 3

Just now, Herbie95 said:

But we have all of these former players on the radio and in the media blabbing all the time.  It's these guys who can't let it go.  

Admittedly, I caught the conversation somewhere in the middle while I had it on the back ground while working.  I'm interested in the context to which it was brought up.

Just now, Hedley Lamarr said:

I think USF has to win for that to be a possibility 

I figured. Well, it's going to be a mad house around here next week as I expect UCF to win. Sharp, Benning, Dirk, and others will be stirring the pot at an all-time high. This thread is going to soar past 200 as people will be fed a million reasons why Frost is going to turn us down (even though there will be an undisclosed deal in place to take effect after the AAC CCG). Seems the smart thing for Scott to do after their victory on Friday is to tell the media that he will not take any questions about other jobs in the lead up to the CCG. As for Moos, he should disappear and hit the road for undisclosed locations.

1 minute ago, knapplc said:

That's embarrassing on DB & Jay Moore's part if that's how it actually came out.  There is ZERO reason to rehash that crap.  It wasn't worth talking about 20 years ago when Frost took over the team, and it isn't worth talking about now. 

I'll actually have to listen to that podcast. I have a hard time believing they really think that episode is relevant today. 

It actually makes me angry.  I was a student during this time at UNL.  I know the public details of the incident very well.  Some of these former players allude to other things.  It's almost like implied gossip.  I hate it.  It really makes me lose respect for these former players.  

• Plus1 5