** Scott Frost megathread all things SF***

brophog

1 hour ago, knapplc said:

This thread grew by seven or eight pages since I posted yesterday.  A quick glance through shows a bunch of people talking about boobs and Hedley's confidence that Frost is 200% N.

Can someone give me a quick tl;dr on the past 7-8 pages?  What did you people do last night?

You had to live it.  Subtopic summaries includes how when Sumlin is canned, will it affect Nebraska hiring Frost and Hedley thinking he tracked down the plane on 11/4 that carried Moos to Frost.  

Oh and the nip slip on one of Jessica's pictures.  

3 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Well Hedly, that ties up the only bit of information I had that was a little different from what you've stated as I knew there were several folks on call for a Saturday announcement. If they aren't announcing Frost at the same time, it seems like that presser will be very short as I see no for Riley to be there.

Do you see any chance that they announce Frost on Saturday even if UCF beats USF? Otherwise, this state is going to go bat $hip crazy (fueled by the media) if we're coach-less for a week. 

I think USF has to win for that to be a possibility 

2 minutes ago, Kernel Red said:

Well Hedly, that ties up the only bit of information I had that was a little different from what you've stated as I knew there were several folks on call for a Saturday announcement. If they aren't announcing Frost at the same time, it seems like that presser will be very short as I see no for Riley to be there.

Do you see any chance that they announce Frost on Saturday even if UCF beats USF? Otherwise, this state is going to go bat $hip crazy (fueled by the media) if we're coach-less for a week. 

Out of respect for Frost, I think they would wait until after the AAC title game (if UCF makes it).  I understand it would be another week of "delay" but I think it would be obvious why a coach isn't being announced yet.

As long as the new coach is announced within 10-15 days after Riley's firing, I think NU will be fine.

• Plus1 1
21 minutes ago, Football Guy Bob said:

Probably Gruden or Saban imo

I heard that’s why TO was down there before the season.  He knew frost would leave at the end of the year and he was scoping it out.  He want one last coaching gig.

Heard story last night at Flying J when I was fueling up.  Jessica’s husband was manning the CB and said she was working the lot.  He said the story about TO has legs, but don’t rule out a Riley/Frost swap with UCF.

• Plus1 2

Just now, gobiggergoredder said:

I heard that’s why TO was down there before the season.  He knew frost would leave at the end of the year and he was scoping it out.  He want one last coaching gig.

Heard story last night at Flying J when I was fueling up.  Jessica’s husband was manning the CB and said she was working the lot.  He said the story about TO has legs, but don’t rule out a Riley/Frost swap with UCF.

I’ll wait for gator message boards to confirm, but that sounds promising!

• Plus1 1
14 minutes ago, ColoradoHusk said:

I'm with you.  I understand recruiting is important, but that seems to be the first thing fans look to with assistant coaches.  I would rather have the coaches be successful at developing players and know how to game plan and coach during games.

Anytime someone puts one over the other, it's a recipe for disaster.  You have to get the athletes that will be successful for you and then be able to create an environment in the program that expects excellence and develop them in a system where they can be successful.

• Plus1 1

6 minutes ago, Herbie95 said:

Okay I need the collective knowledge of this board to fill me in on details I am missing.  If need be I will start a new topic after the Frost hire.  Jay Foreman was just on Sharp and Benning.  Both Jay and Damon were dancing around the topic and discussing the "complicated" past of SF and LP.  Jay almost expects SF to address the topic and apologize once he is hired.  What's so complicated about it?  SF was dating LP's former girlfriend.  LP went crazy and broke into SF's apartment and drug her down the stairs.  The story about hiding in the closet is not substantiated in the police report or court transcript.  What would SF now a 42 year old man need to apologize now for given he wasn't really wrong and he was 20 years old at the time. What am I missing?? 

I'm sure most of the fanbase is on SFs side lol no reason to apologize for that type of crap 20 years ago my god 

• Plus1 2
1 minute ago, Herbie95 said:

Okay I need the collective knowledge of this board to fill me in on details I am missing.  If need be I will start a new topic after the Frost hire.  Jay Foreman was just on Sharp and Benning.  Both Jay and Damon were dancing around the topic and discussing the "complicated" past of SF and LP.  Jay almost expects SF to address the topic and apologize once he is hired.  What's so complicated about it?  SF was dating LP's former girlfriend.  LP went crazy and broke into SF's apartment and drug here down the stairs.  The story about hiding in the closet is not substantiated in the police report or court transcript.  What would SF now a 42 year old man need to apologize now for given he wasn't really wrong and he was 20 years old at the time. What am I missing?? 

Why are they still bringing that crap up? It's as bad as the 'booing' episode.  Scott has dealt with all of that (2012 interview). People, especially the media, need to let that stale news go!  Scott has nothing to apologize for.  So sad that they are still bringing this crap up! They were in college for crying out loud! 

• Plus1 2
18 minutes ago, caveman99 said:

How did that quote get assigned to me?

If you quoted something and someone else responded to that quote in your post instead of going to the original post, the board software shows the poster as you, not the person you quoted.  That's happened to me a couple of times when I've seen something quoted in a post and I've been too lazy to scroll back up and quote the original.