Underdog against Purdue

This is the first time I've opened up this thread and I'll admit that I didn't read it.

I haven't opened it up because...quite frankly, I really don't care about being an underdog right now.  Honestly, I hope this pisses off the coaches and team and motivates them to actually show up and play the sport they profess to love at a higher level than we have seen the last 6 quarters.

Until they show up and prove to the world they don't deserve to be underdogs, meh.....

"Wow.....I hope you don't bet, but if you do and this is how you bet I'm sorry for your pocketbook.

I bet you do well for your bookie.  Not for you, just for him..."

Not sure what you mean- Vegas regularly slides point spreads for home games and time of day.  Crowds are more into games the longer they have to lubricate.  As far as trying to put me down for my view point- eat it.  I am 14-9 on the year for the games I have picked against the spread.  

Edited by Hilltop
17 hours ago, Dan_F_31 said:

This is only Purdue's second home night game ever. they just put the lights up this year. I drive by the field everyday.

all my neighbors (Purdue fans) think Brohm is the second coming of Tiller. One even told me that Purdue is now a better job than Neb. I just laughed. West Lafayette <<<<< Lincoln 

At this early stage in his career, it's hard to argue that he isn't.  Looking at their remaining schedule, they should be in every game they have left.  Purdue fans should be excited about the direction of their program. 

3 minutes ago, junior4949 said:

At this early stage in his career, it's hard to argue that he isn't.  Looking at their remaining schedule, they should be in every game they have left.  Purdue fans should be excited about the direction of their program. 

He's right about West Lafayette.

5 hours ago, KCBuc said:

You can run at Purdue and push them around. NU needs tighter coverage on defense. 

Nothing in NU's recent history suggest they will do either.  

The former is just because our OC is inept. The latter is a defensive philosophy to not get burned by big plays and keep everything in front of you. 

1 hour ago, junior4949 said:

I agree that Purdue fans should be excited. But let's not get carried away about where their program sits in the pecking order of coaching jobs.  Watched for the past 6 months as they finally got a respectable athletic complex and finally got lights on the stadium.  Their new facilities put them middle of the big 10 now.

with regard to on the field product, it is night and day compared to previous years. The team actually looks like they are competent.

Regarding being able to run on purdue, I think their D front 7 is their strength. I don't have stats on that. Just based on watching. And the d-line coach Johnson lives next door to me ;). They just don't have depth right now. I don't see Neb being able to just line up and push them around IMO.

6 hours ago, Hilltop said:

"Wow.....I hope you don't bet, but if you do and this is how you bet I'm sorry for your pocketbook.

I bet you do well for your bookie.  Not for you, just for him..."

Not sure what you mean- Vegas regularly slides point spreads for home games and time of day.  Crowds are more into games the longer they have to lubricate.  As far as trying to put me down for my view point- eat it.  I am 14-9 on the year for the games I have picked against the spread.  

A night game might and I mean might be worth an extra point if you're talking about a true home field advantage like LSU/Clemson/Penn State/a few other places at night.  I wouldn't put Purdue in that category and certainly not to the tune of 3 points.  You're correct with 3 points due to a home game, the other 3 points are largely coming from Purdue's coaching advantage.

Edited by Xmas32
10 hours ago, Glendower said:

Yes. The media made the team lose all of these games. They're not just reporting on it. They are slipping roofies into the food at the dining hall.

The media hypes the hire and tells us how great it will be.

i see I hit a nerve.

i bet half the people on these boards are incognito sports writers.

Sports writers should have to use their real name.